Subject: Hero abilities rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peer Lagerpusch
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Watched the videos and thought it would be nice to have a complete list of abilities of the heroes.

Ranger
Trick Shot - Discard 3 cards to: Kill a person.

Huntress
Animal companion - Discard 3 cards to: Choose another player to draw 4 cards.

Wizard
Stop Time - Discard 3 cards to: Pause time until someone plays a card.

Sorceress
Teleport - Discard 3 cards to: Defeat an Obstacle.

Valkyrie
Inspire - Discard 3 cards to: Everyone else draws 2 cards.

Paladin
Smite - Discard 3 cards to: Defeat a Monster.

Thief
Pickpocket - Discard 3 cards to: Draw 5 cards.

Ninja
Vault - Discard 3 cards to: Defeat an Obstacle.

Barbarian
Slay - Discard 3 cards to: Defeat a Monster.

Gladiator
Intimidate - Discard 3 cards to: Defeat a Person.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for this.

Disappointing to see duplicates of abilities. It would have been one extra layer of uniqueness applied to each class.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Ng
msg tools
Here's the response I got from asking the creator on the KS:

Quote:
Originally, each hero had a unique ability. What we found in testing was that there were specific combinations of hero powers that were overpowered. It felt like you had to use a specific hero if you wanted to win. The reason the powers are duplicated between different mats is so that you have to plan combinations of heroes before you start playing. Team composition is important, and it sucks to feel like you have to play as one hero every time to win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Srdj
Croatia
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's good that the abilities are limited. This is a quick five minute filler game and people who pledged their money towards it pledged based on the preview videos and run-throughs, and pledged for the simplicity of the game.

It should stay as is, nice and simple, that's what we paid for. On the other hand, adding more cards and bosses is great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cro1 wrote:
It's good that the abilities are limited. This is a quick five minute filler game and people who pledged their money towards it pledged based on the preview videos and run-throughs, and pledged for the simplicity of the game.

It should stay as is, nice and simple, that's what we paid for. On the other hand, adding more cards and bosses is great!

I think they just didn't allot enough time to truly make all heroes unique. It's improbable that any other abilities beyond those that exist would irremediably break the game.

On the same breath, you are asking for more cards and bosses, so you do want more. You could've gotten that bit more with truly unique hero abilities.

It doesn't matter if the game is meant to be simple. You can have more simple abilities then. Like King of Tokyo or a myriad of other filler games with more variety.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Srdj
Croatia
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I guess so. I mean for me, personally, I would be happy with the game as is. I mean, from what I saw from Rahdo's run-through, and other videos, the game looked great.

I guess adding abilities to heroes wouldn't break the game, i suppose I can agree on that lol. I mean, maybe there can be double sided heroes, and on one side only have the basic abilities and on the other have more advanced abilities?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.