GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,604 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: This negative campaigning has gone too far rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kaitlyn Smith
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last night I heard a Rubio ad (for senator from Florida) that did nothing but attack Patrick Murphy.

We have a freakin' guy that could have gotten 400 electoral votes for President and he can't say anything good about himself? This is an outrage!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaitlyn_Res wrote:
Last night I heard a Rubio ad (for senator from Florida) that did nothing but attack Patrick Murphy.

We have a freakin' guy that could have gotten 400 electoral votes for President and he can't say anything good about himself? This is an outrage!

Sadly here towards the end there's a lot of "tear the other guy down" types of ads out there.

Ferret

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaitlyn_Res wrote:

Presumably, it's because his team expects better results from the attack ad. This will never change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Terwox wrote:
Kaitlyn_Res wrote:

Presumably, it's because his team expects better results from the attack ad. This will never change.

Welcome to politics. If lizard brains weren't so triggered by negative ads, they would never be utilized.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ancient survival instincts. We remember negative information/experiences much more clearly than positive ones with less reinforcement. Advertising plays on instincts all the time. Crest helps fight the gum disease known as GIN-GA-VITIS (you know you heard the ad's voice in your head) you may not know what gingavitis is, but you sure as hell know after that ad you don't want it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaitlyn Smith
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
Never ever lose sight: It did not matter who the republicans nominated. The mission of the media would have been to make them less likable than Hillary.
Nobody said that a media career was easy, but that's almost asking the impossible in some cases.
Koldfoot wrote:
You can say you doubt me. But you know it's true.
I never doubted you for a moment on this one. When I picked Trump 339 in the prediction poll, I knew I was assuming that the American pubic would see through the media - I am likely overestimating the intelligence of the American public and will pay the price - 5.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
400 electoral votes?

He would have lost handily. Democrats had dirt on Rubio that would have stuck. Very inappropriate use of a state credit card.... for starters. Who knows what they would have made up?

Never ever lose sight: It did not matter who the republicans nominated. The mission of the media would have been to make them less likable than Hillary. That was her only route to election. Rubio would also have had women come out of the woodwork and claim rape.

You can say you doubt me. But you know it's true.

Romney didn't get many rape accusations.

Romney tied his dog to the roof of his car, or something or other, but he wasn't a rapist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
If it hadn't been for media outlets like CNN and MSNBC giving Trump so much early coverage, he wouldn't haven't qualified for the big boy debates, much less gotten the nom.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.