Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Soon Louis
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As per the sequence of play, here is the procedure that I have been using for an amphibious assault. In phase D - Initital Operational Movement Phase, I move the infantry units conducting the amphibious assault to the newly contested area with a limit as per the # in the arrow. I flip one fleet per unit transported. I then conduct phase E, Initial Strategic Movement Phase. After this is finished, I then resolve combat, including the one in the area invaded in phase D. Lets say that the defending enemy unit(s) are eliminated and also that there is a port in the area. I then can use the port for supply in phase H, Final Supply Phase. However because of the Sequencing of Play I cannot move additional units in to that port until the next turn. If I do not eliminate the defending units, then I place a beachhead marker but the port still belongs to the enemy as the area is a contested enemy area. Have I done everything correctly? Thank you in advance for any replies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Young
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As per the sequence of play, here is the procedure that I have been using for an amphibious assault. In phase D - Initital Operational Movement Phase, I move the infantry units conducting the amphibious assault to the newly contested area with a limit as per the # in the arrow. I flip one fleet per unit transported. I then conduct phase E, Initial Strategic Movement Phase. After this is finished, I then resolve combat, including the one in the area invaded in phase D. Lets say that the defending enemy unit(s) are eliminated and also that there is a port in the area. I then can use the port for supply in phase H, Final Supply Phase.

Correct so far

However because of the Sequencing of Play I cannot move additional units in to that port until the next turn.

This is incorrect, unless you areout of fleets that can move units or out of Special Actions. In the Breakthrough Phase you can declare an operational move into the invaded area and bring in an additional unit for each unused fleet.

If I do not eliminate the defending units, then I place a beachhead marker but the port still belongs to the enemy as the area is a contested enemy area. Have I done everything correctly? Thank you in advance for any replies.

This latter part is correct. Except for the part in the middle, you're understanding is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls