Subject: A great game even greater variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jesse Schellenberg
Canada
Swift Current
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
"The Lord gets his best soldiers out of the highlands of affliction." -Charles Spurgeon. "Prayer is not overcoming God's reluctance, but laying hold of His willingness." -Martin Luther
badge
"The riches of His free grace cause me daily to triumph over all the temptations of the wicked one, who is very vigilant, and seeks all occasions to disturb me." -George Whitefield
mbmbmbmbmb
At the start of the game, give each player a lanyard with badge holder and have everyone place their colour card in the badge holder so everyone can easily be identified. Then let everyone know that they can leave the table with the voting cards and roam around the room to conspire when the timer is started. (The Strongold Games timer app works excellent). When the timer runs out, all players must come back to the table for voting. We found this way of conspiring hilarious and an absolute blast! Makes it almost feel a bit like 2R1B "Two Rooms and a Boom" (Another excellent large group game).

The other thing we do to make this game more tense is to place a Nerf gun in the centre of the table. Only the player who plays AMBUSH! when the group has majority vote against them, can pick up the gun, ask all players who voted for them, to close their eyes, and give some pause as they decide who they will exact their revenge on......Will it be Amy?, who said she was voting for Orange with you?, but then changed based on saving her own skin and not wanting to be left out of the majority vote?.....Or will it be Cliff?! Your friend who was the king pin of the whole decision to off you this round!.......The table is filled with scrunched faces, cries of mercy and panic has struck deep as these backstabbers realise that they made a horribly grave mistake to trample your trust.....BANG! Ouch!!! Cries Zeke who probably did not deserve it but was the least expecting and sitting so calm with his eyes closed, you had to do it. Welcome to Dead Last Hyper Modecool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Covert
United States
Sandy Hook
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
These are great builds!

And great minds think alike.
We had actually considered packaging up 12 colored lanyards and holders as a secondary product for the game very early on. But decided to wait until well after the August launch to do it. But YES, we love this idea as a way to make it a roaming party game.

I like the NERF gun too. Fun bit of theater.

Curt
Smirk&Dagger
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Auchtung
msg tools
This. Is. Brilliant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rick t
msg tools
mb
So when you say to place their card in their lanyard so that they can be easily identified, I thought that no one wants to be identified u less it's voluntary? Or are they keeping the side with their identity facing their body only to turn it around when wanted? I'm assuming the latter but I wanted to make sure. Pardon me overthinking this!

P.S. I love the nerf gun idea!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lunatik4444 wrote:
So when you say to place their card in their lanyard so that they can be easily identified, I thought that no one wants to be identified u less it's voluntary? Or are they keeping the side with their identity facing their body only to turn it around when wanted? I'm assuming the latter but I wanted to make sure. Pardon me overthinking this!

P.S. I love the nerf gun idea!!

I think they are saying you put the card indicating what color you are in the lanyard. So we can see you are blue, and I'm red, and Bob is yellow. You would still carry around the cards with you to show to others to try and get a majority, etc.

I too love this idea, as it was hard to get people across the table from us to get in on the vote w/out tipping off the person we were targeting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Schellenberg
Canada
Swift Current
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
"The Lord gets his best soldiers out of the highlands of affliction." -Charles Spurgeon. "Prayer is not overcoming God's reluctance, but laying hold of His willingness." -Martin Luther
badge
"The riches of His free grace cause me daily to triumph over all the temptations of the wicked one, who is very vigilant, and seeks all occasions to disturb me." -George Whitefield
mbmbmbmbmb
We use a Nerf gun in other games too, like Secret Hitler when the President gets to assassinate another player. Very fun indeed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.