Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Juan García
Mexico
Monterrey
Nuevo Leon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there news of an expansion comming in the future? I can easily see new characters, locations expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Orey
Portugal
Cascais
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully, next year, MESAboardgames will release an Expansion for the game City of Spies - Estoril 1942.

The Expansion - City of Lisbon - will have:
2 new locations (in Lisbon,of course) - those locations will have a special power
6 new characters with a new nationality (Japonese) and a new hability - mastermind.
6 set-up characters with 6 cubes for a 5th player.
1 new mission card

Everthing depends how the game sell in the market and if players want this expansion :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mohnkern
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gil orey wrote:
Hopefully, next year, MESAboardgames will release an Expansion for the game City of Spies - Estoril 1942.

2 new locations (in Lisbon,of course) - those locations will have a special power
6 new characters with a new nationality (Japonese) and a new hability - mastermind.
1 new mission card

Everthing depends how the game sell in the market and if players want this expansion :-)

I love this game and would love to see an expansion, particularly for five players.

Scott
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan García
Mexico
Monterrey
Nuevo Leon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gil orey wrote:

1 new mission card

Hi Gil, thanks for the response! I know I will definitevly love an expansion! Merge all 8 locations and put 6 cubes per player with 4 players would be awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Mowery
United States
Spring Hill
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is suuuuuuch a great and unique game! I would love to see an expansion as well. If there is a part of this game that is the most obvious for an expansion, it's definitely the location tiles. I kinda felt like there should have been more than 8 in the base game. Only including 2 more in an expansion seems like a missed opportunity. I'd love to see more!

Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Orey
Portugal
Cascais
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Only including 2 more in an expansion seems like a missed opportunity. I'd love to see more!

I promise I will discuss that with the other author and my partners meeple

It's not only a question of having new ideas (we have lots of them), but the price range of an expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Orey
Portugal
Cascais
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Merge all 8 locations and put 6 cubes per player with 4 players would be awesome!

Epic spie fight? Thank you for the suggestion:-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreea Ionica
Romania
Bacau
flag msg tools
i would also love an expansion! an app for randomizing the position of the locations would also be great

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreea Ionica
Romania
Bacau
flag msg tools
new characters with a new nationality and a new ability sounds awesome, but i also feel there should be more mission cards in order to mix these 2 new features with the others just a thought
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dvonn Yinsh
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
gil orey wrote:

1 new mission card

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Mowery
United States
Spring Hill
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played City of Spies recently. Yep, it would be great if the expansion included 3-4 new mission tiles. There are already enough mission tiles in the base game that have to do with collecting symbols (most assassins, most Germans, etc.).

It would be great to see new mission tiles that have to do with other aspects of the game other than just the ability symbols. The "most female characters" and "most strength" mission tiles that come with the base game are a good example of this.

Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Alves
Portugal
Setubal
Setubal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gil orey wrote:

1 new mission card

This game is very good with interactions between players in a race to the reward spaces, it but lacks the variety of some spies, missions and locations. But the most important in this game are the locations, in which the base only has 8 locations and only 6 enter the game.

With new expansion is always welcome, increasing replay value of the game, with new skills, new spies, the introduction of 5th player. What this disappoint is the advertised number of locations (2) and missions (1). I think this needs at least 6 more locations and 3 missions.

I would appreciate an epic mode, with 8 locations on the table and 4 players (6 cubes for each player). With 5 players, could be 4 cubes per players. Of course this should be tested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
roman bucek
Czech Republic
Praha
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The double agents expandions for essen 2017
Replace this Lisbon one ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.