Popular Tags: [View All]
Amund Christensen
Canada
Brockville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really enjoy this game, but don't have that much experience with it yet.
Is there any real use or benefit to having two copies?

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Heckman
United States
Ocoee
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two copies allow you to play 'Big Battle Cry' scenarios (called epic scale in other C&C versions).

- C
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amund Christensen
Canada
Brockville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick answer.maybe I would be just as well with the board from another C and C game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Minot
North Dakota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe, but you would the additional pieces and a second deck of cards.

FYI, there are no official Big Battle Cry releases, though there is one semi-official scenario available online.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have three copies... there is absolutely no reason to have 2+... unless you are playing the Big Battle Cry rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hébert
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
StevenE,

If you were considering a purchase of Battle Cry, and only wanted one copy, which version/release would you steer someone toward, and for what reasons?

I'm interested in it and don't really know enough to make that determination. Curious if you have an insight!

J
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am torn...

I like the art (board and tiles) from the first edition (I own 2 copies)

But I like the miniatures from the 150 edition (I own 1 copy)

I know this does not help.

If I had to choose... I think I'd recommend BC150 for the minis and updated rules/scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know BC gets poo poo'ed by its newer siblings, but it is a good/fun game. Wilson Creek is my go to scenario.

I only wish Hasbro would get off their duff and expand BC like the other C&C titles have.

In past conversations with RB he has plenty of material for 2-3 solid expansions... if only they could see the light of day
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Steven. BC150 is the way to go. Nice minis, updated rules and, it's the latest version with more on line scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Burgoyne

Racine
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmb
From what I can tell, BC150 has a lot more scenarios. I like the minis, too, but I've never seen the original box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Minot
North Dakota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
StevenE wrote:
I know BC gets poo poo'ed by its newer siblings, but it is a good/fun game. Wilson Creek is my go to scenario.

I only wish Hasbro would get off their duff and expand BC like the other C&C titles have.

In past conversations with RB he has plenty of material for 2-3 solid expansions... if only they could see the light of day

Wilson's Creek in BC150 is one of my favorite scenarios in the whole C&C series.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david Gorman
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmb
id go with the 150 version as it has the original scenarios updated rules and a revised deck of cards. Removal of the all out offensive and replaced with a their finest hour clone

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Atomikhammer wrote:
I really enjoy this game, but don't have that much experience with it yet.
Is there any real use or benefit to having two copies?

Cheers

Meh. I think I would spend that money on a second C&C title. Commands & Colors: Napoleonics is excellent. A nice step up in detail from BC. Commands & Colors: Ancients is a masterpiece, should be in all game collections.

But if you thought the flag stickers in BC were a pain, putting 700+ stickers onto little blocks is crazy. The armies you end up with are beautiful and the games are great however.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm...I'm just not "all in" on blocks...to each their own whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amund Christensen
Canada
Brockville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the insight.....seems there isn't too much in getting a second copy.painting up some figures to do Zulu Wars...and was looking to do overlord or breakthrough type big battles....but maybe the money is better put to something else. Now.....ancients or Napoleonics?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bermondsey Battler
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Will soon need a second copy myself. Son and i are wearing ours out! Best game i ever bought at retail price. It was an impulse buy at a game store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
goo Or you could try my rules for Epic Battle Cry in the Files. I use one old set and one new set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.