Popular Tags: [View All]
Danny Clements
United Kingdom
Ferndown
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've been playing the solo rules for ultra tiny epic Kingdoms
Still can't seem to find answers to these questions in the rule book.

First question

Rules say dummy player must take the action if it can. When doing quest or patrol actions, after you have rolled the die to select which army the dummy player will quest or patrol with, what do you do if that army dosnt have a valid region to move into?

Do you go back to previous army selection process and find the next army that might be able to quest or patrol in to a valid area?
In effect going through all armies until one does have a valid move?

Or do you attempt once to resolve the first army selected, to move into a valid zone, can't so
Collects resources instead?

Second question

I havnt played a 3 player game yet but can see a potential question that will crop up when I do.

If active player selects quest and moves one of his armies to an enemies army. Thus declaring war, is this resolved before the next two players decided whether they also want to quest or gather resources?

Thanks in advance for answering my questions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wars are resolved before play continues.

Solo question: dunno.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodrigo Rangel
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Solo play. Once you select valid army compass works like a clock. Act as if compass is directly above map and transparent. Ignore any invalid regions and move clockwise until you find a valid region. Remember the dummy will not move into a region that already has one of its own armies but will move into a region with your army and start a war.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Clements
United Kingdom
Ferndown
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
rhrangel wrote:
Solo play. Once you select valid army compass works like a clock. Act as if compass is directly above map and transparent. Ignore any invalid regions and move clockwise until you find a valid region.

Yeah I get that, but if there's not a valid move for that army.
Do you select another valid army and look for a valid region or does the dummy player just collect resources?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Clements
United Kingdom
Ferndown
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
AernoutMJC wrote:
Wars are resolved before play continues.

Ok many thanks. Turn order is quite important in resolving this then

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris W
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my copy of UTEK, tried out the solo play as well, and came away with the same question. I roll once to choose their action, then roll again to choose the army. I rotate the compass until I select an army and then look for a valid region to move. If there isn't one, do I go back to the selecting an army compass rotation and continue to find an army that does have a valid move? Or since that army was selected and couldn't make a move, do I just collect resources for the dummy?

I've been going back and rotating for the next army since a real player wouldn't NOT patrol just because their first choice couldn't move anywhere... it was just a little unclear in the rules so I just did what made sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
don hoe

Rhode Island
msg tools
Same question on the choosing armies thing. I've been handling it as the dummy player cannot do the action and have it collect resources. Reasoning is due to the change of night changing the army you choose. So if you can't move the army in the day when you get the move action on night you are going to choose the other army furthest away. Not a good explanation but I hope you get what I mean.

What I want to know is when you expand can the dummy player expand into an adjacent space it could not move into? My dummy player has only one space available to expand into due to another army being adjacent, the only valid space is separated to its space by a river. Does the river matter for adjacency for expanding with the dummy player?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.