BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: On TV, Clinton drops below 270 on CNN electoral map. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder how much worse it can really get.
IF the FBI arrested her today or Monday, or even over the weekend, I bet it wouldn't really affect her that much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On Fox she has neen above 270 for a few days. I take it all in stride as headline grabbing from both. The cynic could argue each is utilizing a 'scare' tactic to get out the vote for their 'side.'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:
On Fox she has neen above 270 for a few days. I take it all in stride as headline grabbing from both. The cynic could argue each is utilizing a 'scare' tactic to get out the vote for their 'side.'

Or a 'cover our butts' tactic in case Trump wins and we see how inaccurate their polls were.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:
Shadrach wrote:

Or a 'cover our butts' tactic in case Trump wins and we see how inaccurate their polls were.

But then how do you account for fox being above 270?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
The media has been flogging the shit out of this to put eyeballs on TV's. The race was going to tighten if they had to photoshop HRC into a Nazi uniform to make it happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having just checked the map its also worth noting she's still at 268 so winning any one of the battlegrounds (except the one vote district) would put her back over. So this is more needle nudge than titanic shift.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
rcbevco wrote:
The media has been flogging the shit out of this to put eyeballs on TV's. The race was going to tighten if they had to photoshop HRC into a Nazi uniform to make it happen.

I'm just hoping to see Hillary win either FL or NC early Tuesday night so I can head off to bed early.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:
Having just checked the map its also worth noting she's still at 268 so winning any one of the battlegrounds (except the one vote district) would put her back over. So this is more needle nudge than titanic shift.

CNN has NH as a battleground state but the numbers say it isn't actually all that close. Add those 4 electoral votes in for Hillary and she is at 272.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
They keep saying Michigan could flip. It wont.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sfox wrote:
Shadrach wrote:

CNN has NH as a battleground state but the numbers say it isn't actually all that close. Add those 4 electoral votes in for Hillary and she is at 272.

The last few polls have been worrisome.

On the flip side, the past few polls out of Florida have shown a decent Clinton lead. If she wins Florida, it's ovvvvvvvvvvvvvver.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Keeping Hillary from getting to 270 is huge. Now if we can keep Hillary and trump from getting 270, then I will have my hope in civilization restored.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Hopkins
United States
Converse
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
Keeping Hillary from getting to 270 is huge. Now if we can keep Hillary and trump from getting 270, then I will have my hope in civilization restored.

Lol, you must have a lot of faith in the House of Representatives! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Hmmm ... I thought the media was in Clinton's handbag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chopkins828 wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:

I have faith that there is a significant enough wing of the GOP that would like to break free of the grasp of the Tea-Party-dominated party at the moment. With getting to use the horrificness of Trump as the political fig leaf they need, whether it be Johnson or McMullin being the third one in, they'd have the chance they need. So the hope is that neither Trump nor Hillary gets the Oval Office and and the GOP gets rescued from the dismal hostage situation they've endured of recent.

A guy can dream, yeah?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:

They're making it look like Trump can win to motivate Democratic voters to get out and vote silly-billy. All in the plan son, all in the plan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Madison
Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
chopkins828 wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:

I have faith that there is a significant enough wing of the GOP that would like to break free of the grasp of the Tea-Party-dominated party at the moment. With getting to use the horrificness of Trump as the political fig leaf they need, whether it be Johnson or McMullin being the third one in, they'd have the chance they need. So the hope is that neither Trump nor Hillary gets the Oval Office and and the GOP gets rescued from the dismal hostage situation they've endured of recent.

A guy can dream, yeah?

Perfect summary - dream.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Madison
Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
rcbevco wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:

They're making it look like Trump can win to motivate Democratic voters to get out and vote silly-billy. All in the plan son, all in the plan.

Was that the ginormous HRC ground engine that I just heard tearing through the US?

Oh, yes. Yes, it was.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablito A
msg tools
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walking on eggshells is not my style
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
No one is quoting the beloved 538?

Nate Silver is RSPs most beloved analyst.

He is calling it for H-dog with Nevada to spare. He's giving the odds at 65 35, waaaaay down from 90 10. He has, however, been backpedalling in his commentary. When she loses, he has lots of his own comments at his fingertips about how hard this election was to call.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
No one is quoting the beloved 538?

Nate Silver is RSPs most beloved analyst.

He is calling it for H-dog with Nevada to spare. He's giving the odds at 65 35, waaaaay down from 90 10. He has, however, been backpedalling in his commentary. When she loses, he has lots of his own comments at his fingertips about how hard this election was to call.

He is our "favorite" because he uses science and is usually right. Now it's 65/35. You might want to cancel a couple of the kegs you ordered for the Trump victory party. Yea I'm not happy, but facts are facts. Do you think he made up the 90/10?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Seguin
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:

No, her handbag is where she keeps her gun that she uses to assassinate people.

I still haven't seen Huma since Friday. Anyone? Anyone? Buehler?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Madison
Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
chrisnd wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:

Why would you want to see her? If I remember correctly, you considered her unattractive?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
chrisnd wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:

Silly rabbit. Hilary has a super-secret assassination squad. By the way, what was your home address again?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Seguin
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
chrisnd wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:

Silly rabbit. Hilary has a super-secret assassination squad. By the way, what was your home address again?

Waunakee, Wisconsin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:
chrisnd wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:

Why would you want to see her? If I remember correctly, you considered her unattractive?

Really? I always thought she was cute enough.

I wouldn't put two farthings on her life expectancy if Hillary loses though, that's for sure.

Ferret

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.