Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Minnigh
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the first one was probably a little too easy, let's do another one real quick. This one I don't think is as obvious and it's not a dynamite pack by any stretch. This pack includes: Angel of Light, Chamberlain Kark, Infernal Gatekeeper, Jungle Queen, Rescue Griffin.

Go here: http://amazingspidertank.blogspot.com/2016/11/epic-dark-draf...

And of course, the poll. After all, it's election time in the US! (cries in corner)
Poll
Which card would you pick if this was the first Dark Draft pack you opened?
Angel of Light
Chamberlain Kark
Infernal Gatekeeper
Jungle Queen
Rescue Griffin
      15 answers
Poll created by gamjuven
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Hebert
msg tools
I don't have a ton of dark draft experience yet but I think this boils down to Jungle Queen OR Angel of Light. I think both are viable because 1 has ambush and the other cantrips. That being said, Jungle Queen has the potential to boost some great Wild cards. However I went with Angel of Light for 2 reasons.

1) She is very solid overall. Airborne Ambush and at least +5 health. I'm going to see more cantrip cards so I'm not worried about that so early.

2) I REALLY don't want to give my opponent Chamberlain + Angel. Sure the 60 life thing might be hard to reach, but they just got a HUGE boost and it would force me to hate draft certain Good cards later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DJ Lovoy
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
Good point, I didn't even think about counter-picking

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josiah Fiscus
United States
Pittsburgh (Monroeville)
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
emperorOftheTides wrote:
I don't have a ton of dark draft experience yet but I think this boils down to Jungle Queen OR Angel of Light. I think both are viable because 1 has ambush and the other cantrips. That being said, Jungle Queen has the potential to boost some great Wild cards. However I went with Angel of Light for 2 reasons.

1) She is very solid overall. Airborne Ambush and at least +5 health. I'm going to see more cantrip cards so I'm not worried about that so early.

2) I REALLY don't want to give my opponent Chamberlain + Angel. Sure the 60 life thing might be hard to reach, but they just got a HUGE boost and it would force me to hate draft certain Good cards later.

These are really good points. That said, in Dark Draft, I'd be pretty happy to bait my opponent into going heavy Good. That never seems to work out to well. I went with Infernal Gatekeeper, but it was that or Jungle Queen for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Hebert
msg tools
Baiting is a solid option I didn't really think about. It just goes to show how much strategy can be involved in Dark Draft.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.