Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This is a discussion, not a complaint.

Am I the only one bothered with the flooded rooms in this game?
I usually am not very concerned about some thematic inconsistencies but for some reasons, I can't get over this one.

How could a flooded room (flooded enough for the characters to be harmed, that is) be adjacent to a room which is not flooded with no closed hatch in between?

As I said, I usually don't care but this thing is giving me a hard time.

The same with the fact that you can find and wear a suit or helmet in these flooded areas. You are fighting for getting some oxygen but you still find the time to search for items.

Is there a way to make it easier for me to swallow the pill?
Do you have any scenario where this could be acceptable? A way to see things so they could make sense?

I try to imagine that the rooms are not completely flooded and that it's more about the cold water than the oxygen but still, two adjacents rooms have to be equally flooded if there is no closed hatch separating them.

I like the mechanism but I just can't wrap my mind around it.

Thanks for your input.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You could picture it rather than flooded as a breach in the walls with a high strength rush of water pouring in. It would make it difficult to do anything else and could conceivably overpower and drown you but you could still struggle around and find stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Schwarz
Germany
Siegen
NRW
flag msg tools
GLOOOOOOOOOOOOOMHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVEN!!!!!!!!!!!
badge
maybe on the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one....
mbmbmbmbmb
What about the floor not being horizontal?
The area that is flooded is just a little below the water surface already and thus is submerged, while the other parts are still above the water level (or not enough water has entered to raise the water level enough to flood those, too).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shelby Babb
United States
Springdale
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, I think you just have to turn off your brain, stick your fingers in your ears, and sing "la la la, I can't hear you common sense". Because you're right.

On the flipside, you've bought into the idea that Cthulhoid monsters from beyond are menacing people in a sci-fi future deep sea habitat. You should be at least part way there.

That said....

Pretend the hatches are several feet off the ground, well above waist level. People use a small flight of stairs to access them. And the flooding is enough water to get up to your waist. Really cold water, slightly above or even just below freezing (at least that's what Google's telling me). At this point the oxygen tanks contain warm, slightly moist oxygen. Not because you're at risk of suffocating per se, but hypothermia.

Yes, there are still problems with this scenario too, but you've got your fingers in your ears, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
QorDaq H'Nter
msg tools
tlhIngan QujwI'
badge
vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been thinking about this as well. The main rationale for me is that the rooms must not be on the same plane (as others have also suggested). From that perspective, that the base is not on a flat surface, it's a little easier for me to suspend my disbelief.

I too like the oxygen-tracking as an additional metric, and it really does help reinforce the theme. But yeah, in the end I suppose it's up to us as players to not let it interfere with enjoying the game--which hopefully it'll be worthy of enjoying, I suspect it will.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pflug
Germany
Schwäbisch Gmünd
Baden Würtemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
baylock wrote:
This is a discussion, not a complaint.

Am I the only one bothered with the flooded rooms in this game?
I usually am not very concerned about some thematic inconsistencies but for some reasons, I can't get over this one.

How could a flooded room (flooded enough for the characters to be harmed, that is) be adjacent to a room which is not flooded with no closed hatch in between?

As I said, I usually don't care but this thing is giving me a hard time.

The same with the fact that you can find and wear a suit or helmet in these flooded areas. You are fighting for getting some oxygen but you still find the time to search for items.

Is there a way to make it easier for me to swallow the pill?
Do you have any scenario where this could be acceptable? A way to see things so they could make sense?

I try to imagine that the rooms are not completely flooded and that it's more about the cold water than the oxygen but still, two adjacents rooms have to be equally flooded if there is no closed hatch separating them.

I like the mechanism but I just can't wrap my mind around it.

Thanks for your input.

1: Check out the sculpted 3D submerged tokens.
They are hatches on the ground.
So submerged rooms can be rooms, that are just one level deeper than the rest, so you have to go down to the flooded level.

2: You can still search for stuff if your life depends on it, although you risk drowning if you stay down too long.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't have a problem with the whole open hatches thing, but is there no mechanism in the game for rooms becoming flooded or drained? It seems a shame to have the mechanics for flooded rooms in the game and then always have the map be static.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mb
Frozen Flesh wrote:

1: Check out the sculpted 3D submerged tokens.
They are hatches on the ground.
So submerged rooms can be rooms, that are just one level deeper than the rest, so you have to go down to the flooded level.

2: You can still search for stuff if your life depends on it, although you risk drowning if you stay down too long.

What you mean to say is that: it's not the rooms that are getting flooded, but more like the rooms are sinking deeper into the sea and getting water?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic B
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The very same problem with the flooded rooms theme has crossed my mind. I like the oxygen idea and I am usually ok with making a little compromise between theme and mechanics but this is a big one.

I don't know if the designers are active on BGG, but otherwise you should ask this in the KS comment section. It is so obvious that they must have an official explanaion for that... don't they? blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Leonce wrote:
I don't know if the designers are active on BGG, but otherwise you should ask this in the KS comment section. It is so obvious that they must have an official explanaion for that... don't they? blush

I already brought it up in the comments maybe a week ago. The explanation was game balance I believe.

EDIT: I found the exchange:

Quote:

Logus Vile on October 26
@Diemension Games: If I'm not mistaken, the only difference between a submerged room and any other room mechanically is the oxygen dial, correct? Has any thought been given to adjacent rooms flooding? Also, are there any mechanics that mitigate the die roll when rolling for damage due to the oxygen dial roll? Or is it straight up luck? thanks

Diemension Games Creator on October 26
@Logus Vile All the hatches are open by default, so currently there won't be any flooding. Yes there are ways to reduce the damage when oxygen level is low.

@Diemension Games: Thanks for answering. But I'm not sure I understand thematically. If the hatches are open, wouldn't the water in submerged rooms spill into adjacent rooms? Or are we assuming there are stairs down into a lower level?

Diemension Games Creator on October 26
(...)
Additionally, submerged rooms block the line of sight from normal rooms and vice versa, even if the hatch is open. And when the hatch of a submerged room is destroyed, the adjacent rooms will not be flooded. It's a trade off we have to make between gameplay and authenticity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They already did mention it in the comments on the Kickstarter. They just said it was a compromise between gameplay and realism.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you could potentially add in a house rule that an adjacent room to a submerged room will flood by the end of the round but you would have to probably adjust the monster count so it wouldn't become too hard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Yeah, I think the problem would be that eventually all rooms would become flooded, at which point the game would become basically unplayable (or unwinnable).

I suppose they could have made it a more central mechanic, and part of the players' task would be to regulate and control the flow/transfer of water between rooms, but that would mean redesigning quite a bit of the game. But I guess it wasn't a main focus of the game. As it stands now, it is possible for hatches to get destroyed (by the monsters) so that could definitely lead to an unwinnable state.

Personally, I'm busy thinking about how I'm going to paint this stuff. I think the "submerged" tokens should be a bright blue/ocean colour in the center so I can see at a glance which rooms are submerged. Maybe I'll even fill them with a clear resin or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Watch Deep Blue Sea?

Some of the rooms are flooded, but not completely? Just pretend?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bogdan Alexandru Barbu
Romania
Bucuresti
Bucuresti
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You and I are in the same boat it seems. If you are a diver you stand twice correct. This game is a glorified "roll and move" dungeon crawler.

Underwater is hard to pull of thematically so it's just a gimmick to create another extra timer. Instead of building the game around the conflicts and constrictions offered by the underwater theme instead they pasted the theme on top of gameplay and called it quits. They could have named it corruption, irradiation, disease, etc you name it and it would have worked the same as it does now.

If the lack of realism bothers you don't back it, because it will keep coming back at you. If a game doesn't grip me and holds me tight from the very beginning it's doubtful it will achieve that later.

If you like minis, then is a different story.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mb
The rooms are already devoured, so putting another room state like corruption or disease would be a bit redundant. And without the flood mechanism, we have nothing telling us we are underwater.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bogdan Alexandru Barbu
Romania
Bucuresti
Bucuresti
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Rooms devoured"? Another insufficiently explained cliche term with a completely unexplored potential for game mechanisms and story telling. Devoured rooms = monster spawning rooms.

- What exactly is devouring the rooms? Are they actually being gradually destroyed by monsters therefore shrinking and flooding the set?
- Are the laws of physics being altered in those rooms to create interesting and unusual situations the explorers would have to face and go through? Can these changes be reverted?
- Why it's affecting only the devoured rooms and not the neighboring rooms at the same time?

Make an intelligent setting and answer all the issues raised by the basic realism bar or common sense and you have a good base for a game.

- Is the entire facility collapsing under the sheer pressure of the depth?
- What is being mined there?
- Where is the mining equipment and all that extracted stuff stored and processed to be sent to surface?
- Why the facility doesn't look at all as a mining facility?
- Why so many weapons laying around in a deep mine?
- What is a wheelchair ridden guy doing in a deep mining facility? Or a girl with a teddy bear?
- Why are investigators coming unarmed and seemingly unprepared and not geared up for a deep underwater exploration?
- Where is the famous Sphere?
- Are monsters merely figments of the explorers' mind? Are they real or just perceived as real? Like in the novel/movie "Sphere"?

All valid questions in my opinion that if answered in game terms could have provided a more visceral and intense experience.

The only interesting part so far is the Dagon expansion because it addresses some of the concerns above and it has an intelligent design to explain the monsters creation and hierarchy. I'd buy that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm with you Bogdan but with some reservations though.

I also think that the theme is shallow and I think that a deeper and consistent fluff could have led to some pretty neat mechanics.

But:

1) It is not exclusive to this game. Rare are the games (and even movies sometimes) which are thematically consistent.

2) I'm afraid that this would make the mechanics too deep. So much that it would become too complex and only suitable for very hard core and experienced gamers.
I can imagine that this is not the path the creators want to follow.
After all, it is only a glorified Zombicide (no offense).

I'm ok if it's not that deep.
But I'm pretty sure some inconsistencies could have been fixed if only they wanted to.
I just can't help thinking that some aspects of the game have been overlooked too much, just in order to quickly add a cool feature.

If you want to picture your session as a fiction (even a shallow one) while playing, you just can't, because it doesn't make any sense.
These are not characters having an adventure. These eventually remain minis moving on tiles.
And, OF COURSE, the Cthulhu mythos itself doesn't make any sense but here we are talking about basic fluid mechanics.
I can imagine a fictional monster but I just can't imagine a guy moving from a dry room to a flooded one through an open hatch, just like that.
It just doesn't work.
So, I'm forced to see the game as a pure set of mechanics, which means I lose the immersive part of the experience.
That's unfortunate.
I won't change my mind about the game but it's unfortunate.

The "flooded rooms" issue reminds me the Zombicide's weird ranged weapons rule (where you can shoot the other characters while aiming at the zombies). This, alone, bugged me a great deal and killed the fun out of the game for me.

Once again, I'm not complaining.
I just don't get it and try to figure out how to mentally solve an issue that the creators are not eager to solve (not judging, just saying).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Crews
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
This bothered me at first too but I came to the same conclusion as the earlier mentioned proposition that flooded rooms are on a lower level than the non-flooded rooms. To make thematic sense of that I'm probably going to implement the following house rules that could actually add some interesting strategy into the game:

1. Flooded rooms do not share a line of sight to adjacent non-flooded rooms, meaning that monsters have to pour into the flooded room to attack. This will also add some challenge as it plays on the 'trap' mechanic more and that as monsters enter it'll be harder to leave.

^ Turns out this is already a rule in the game ^

2. Hatches between flooded and non-flooded rooms cannot be closed as they are to be considered part of the same room. Hatches between 2 flooded rooms can be closed however, as those doors would have been there prior to the flooding.

I'm actually going to buy a couple of the 'doors and hatches' optional buy so that I can place the 3D markers on all entrances leading to the flooded room for more visual consistency.

This will alter game play somewhat, but if anything I think it'll make the flooded rooms even more dynamic.

Some other house rules I'm probably going to add to address other things that bothered me:

3. Similar to Z:BP I'm going to draw search cards equal to the number of investigators at the beginning of the game and the players can distribute them as desired. I don't like the idea of investigators, particularly those that are supposed to be soldiers, showing up unarmed.

4. Each room can be searched once for the duration of the scenario (gonna add a token to every tile and take it away once it's searched). This will play down the weirdness of the facility also being an arsenal that's for some reason totally stacked with weapons. It'll also help balance out rule #3 and make losing your weapon a much bigger deal. Being able to search flooded rooms doesn't really bother me as I prefer to think that each investigator is equipped with a small and limited breathing apparatus, hence why they can spend so long underwater and even fight. Given this train of thought, why not pick up something that looks shiny?

I'll probably add more as I think of them, but this is pretty much it for now. Personally I'm really looking forward to this game, even if I have to add some rules myself so that I can be more fully immersed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bogdan Alexandru Barbu
Romania
Bucuresti
Bucuresti
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good ideas and observations. Personally I am getting the game for the sheer amount of minis. I'll deal with customizing the rules later on.
I had already the intention to build the entire set in 3D putting my battlesystems structures to good use.
Essentially the game set will consist of two levels with the lower level containing the flooded rooms. My intention is to treat hatches as small pressurized intermediary rooms to allow passage from flooded rooms to air filled rooms and vice versa.
The scenario timer has to be a counter of progressive flooding and/ or destruction of the mining facility. Instead of the present three devoured, flooded and normal rooms there will be only two types: flooded (aka devoured) and not flooded yet. Monsters will spawn in the flooded rooms.
Investigators come fully prepared, armed, equipped in deep diver suits with most necessary equipment already available. However, ammo and oxygen will be in limited amounts raising major struggles and hard choices for the investigators to manage their resources and make them last throughout the entire game.
The search action in rooms will unveil only clues about what happened in the facility prior to the investigators' arrival that have led to present crisis. Clues allow gathering of scenario cards and progression through facility.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
barbalex wrote:
This game is a glorified "roll and move" dungeon crawler.

Since we are being pretty specific in this thread I must say that this game is not a roll and move game. It uses an action point system similar to Zombicide. Also, this is not a dungeon crawler. It is an objective based co-op miniatures game with horror elements.

I think the easiest way to visualize the flooded rooms is that they are one level below the other rooms. That is why the plastic sculpt for the submersed rooms show a floor hatch connected to a ladder.

Or

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pflug
Germany
Schwäbisch Gmünd
Baden Würtemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
barbalex wrote:
"Rooms devoured"? Another insufficiently explained cliche term with a completely unexplored potential for game mechanisms and story telling. Devoured rooms = monster spawning rooms.

- What exactly is devouring the rooms? Are they actually being gradually destroyed by monsters therefore shrinking and flooding the set?
Are you familiar with Lovecraftian horror? Could be something from another dimension, could be aliens, it's beyond human understanding.

- Are the laws of physics being altered in those rooms to create interesting and unusual situations the explorers would have to face and go through? Can these changes be reverted?
There are big changes that affect gameplay. No, it cannot be reverted.

- Why it's affecting only the devoured rooms and not the neighboring rooms at the same time?
It's slowly spreading as the game progresses.

Make an intelligent setting and answer all the issues raised by the basic realism bar or common sense and you have a good base for a game.

The facility is not heavily destroyed. That may change later in the campaign perhaps.

We don't know yet.

- Where is the mining equipment and all that extracted stuff stored and processed to be sent to surface?
The facility is big. We only see tiny parts in each mission. Storage rooms might be unimportant for the investigators, so there's no need to visit them.

How many near future mining facilities have you been to? This might just be the part of the facility where the workers live.

A lot of the available weapons are tools like saws, plasma torches, nail guns, hammers, axes or spear guns. There might have been some security personnel in the facility.

- What is a wheelchair ridden guy doing in a deep mining facility? Or a girl with a teddy bear?
They lived there, he was maybe working there. Yes, there is work for people in wheelchairs too! She was with her parents, who worked there.

- Why are investigators coming unarmed and seemingly unprepared and not geared up for a deep underwater exploration?
Maybe they didn't expect an invasion of horrors from another dimension? Maybe the submarine crashed or didn't dock correctly to the facility, so they can't reach their equipment.

It's somewhere inside the facility. The workers brought it in to examine it, which led to the disaster. It's a Hommage to the alien movie.

- Are monsters merely figments of the explorers' mind? Are they real or just perceived as real? Like in the novel/movie "Sphere"?
That's an exciting and interesting thought! We don't know, but it's absolutely possible.

All valid questions in my opinion that if answered in game terms could have provided a more visceral and intense experience.

The only interesting part so far is the Dagon expansion because it addresses some of the concerns above and it has an intelligent design to explain the monsters creation and hierarchy. I'd buy that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bogdan Alexandru Barbu
Romania
Bucuresti
Bucuresti
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another insufficiently explained cliche term with a completely unexplored potential for game mechanisms and story telling. Devoured rooms = monster spawning rooms.

Quote:
Are you familiar with Lovecraftian horror? Could be something from another dimension, could be aliens, it's beyond human understanding.[/i]

For something from another dimension seems very earthly hungry for human flesh in my opinion. Devouring rooms doesn't seems to appease their appetite. So if it's beyond human understanding why sending humans to investigate??
Yes I am very familiar with Lovecraftian mythos. How familiar with it are you?

devour
dɪˈvaʊə/Submit
verb
past tense: devoured; past participle: devoured
1.eat (food or prey) hungrily or quickly.
"he devoured half of his burger in one bite"
synonyms: eat hungrily, eat quickly, eat greedily, eat heartily, eat up, swallow, gobble (up/down), guzzle (down), gulp (down), bolt (down), cram down, gorge oneself on, wolf (down), feast on, consume; More
2.read quickly and eagerly.
"she spent her evenings devouring the classics"

Quote:
There are big changes that affect gameplay. No, it cannot be reverted.

How do you know it can't be reverted? Is the Earth doomed? If it can't be reverted what's the point for the investigators to even attempt to reach the Oracle?
Big changes like what? -1 or +1 to dice rolls? Most of these questions are rhetorical, I have been watching the instructional videos much like anyone else here. My point for this was that by pasting on the deep water theme they bit more than they could chew. Making this setting some under the mountain hidden lab experimental facility would have been enough much easier on the suspension of disbelief and saved us the trouble of this debate.

Quote:
It's slowly spreading as the game progresses.

Back to the original question, how are the rooms being devoured, literally or not, and if so why is the process so slow, why not instant, like being crushed by extreme pressure? How do walls contain the unidentified "devouring plague". Monsters however seem more concerned in eating people not rooms. Flooding can be contained by walls and airlocks. My guess is that the only containment for devouring plague are the tacked on game rules.

Quote:
The facility is not heavily destroyed. That may change later in the campaign perhaps.

So, entire rooms are either "devoured" or flooded yet the facility is not utterly destroyed? Let's completely disregard the setting of "deep underwater mining facility" and the tremendous pressure it's supposed to withstand. All personnel is missing, presumed dead and the investigators come in waltzing unarmed and unsuspecting any major danger?? How much suspense of disbelief are we supposed to use here?

Quote:
We don't know yet.

Will we ever know?

Quote:
The facility is big. We only see tiny parts in each mission. Storage rooms might be unimportant for the investigators, so there's no need to visit them.

Investigators investigate or just glance at things deciding what is important or not? You speak like you have seen the general blue print plan of the entire facility.

Quote:
How many near future mining facilities have you been to? This might just be the part of the facility where the workers live.

How many near future deep underwater mining facilities have you visited? You sound mightily familiar with the blue prints of the place.

Quote:
A lot of the available weapons are tools like saws, plasma torches, nail guns, hammers, axes or spear guns. There might have been some security personnel in the facility.

Spear gun sounds like a tool to you? How many "tools" are littered on the floor of your own living room?

Quote:
They lived there, he was maybe working there. Yes, there is work for people in wheelchairs too! She was with her parents, who worked there.

Spare me please the politically correctness here. Even in the near future a deep underwater environment probably will not be a place to bring your family or your disabilities in such a high risk work setting. Too many safety issues to even be worth starting a debate about. How exactly would the wheelchair work through hatches and airlocks, up and down the stairs, cruising through flooded rooms please don't bother to explain.

Quote:
Maybe they didn't expect an invasion of horrors from another dimension? Maybe the submarine crashed or didn't dock correctly to the facility, so they can't reach their equipment.

If the submarine crashed, we need to send another submarine with a new smarter team of investigators (maybe better prepared and more aware) because these ones are already ghosts. At least they were spared a horrific death of being devoured by monsters from another dimension. Being instantaneously crushed by millions of tons of pressure must fell merciful by comparison.
A submarine doesn't need decompression because it withstands external pressure up to a certain degree without needing to adjust the internal pressure. For a submarine to dock to a deep underwater structure it needs to connect to a different pressure system, therefore a functional two ends pressure controlled docking system is a must, otherwise the sub or the facility would be squashed when the access for transfer gets opened. The structural integrity and the operational functionality of the deep mining facility are a must for the game to even begin. More homage should have been payed to The Abyss movie, although there are some technical inconsistencies issues there too. That is if you really want to pull through the deep underwater theme.

Quote:
It's somewhere inside the facility. The workers brought it in to examine it, which led to the disaster. It's a Homage to the alien movie.

The game is "frankensteinizing" a lot of themes, games and movies, but hardly adding up to a homage to any. Most good scifi stories rely heavily on high degrees of consistency and suffer total failure at the lack of it. Like the space ships that do "swoosh" sounds through deep space.
Sphere although alien in nature is not the Alien movie. Dagon expansion is borrowing some theme elements from the Alien movie. So far the theme from Sphere has been underused if at all.

Quote:
That's an exciting and interesting thought! We don't know, but it's absolutely possible.

Glad that you notice the missed potential here. Great minds think alike.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bogdan Alexandru Barbu
Romania
Bucuresti
Bucuresti
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Since we are being pretty specific in this thread I must say that this game is not a roll and move game. It uses an action point system similar to Zombicide. Also, this is not a dungeon crawler. It is an objective based co-op miniatures game with horror elements.

Objective based co-op miniatures game with horror elements? Very good description of most dungeon crawlers, don't you think?

For accuracy sake I will agree is not a "roll and move", but a "move and roll" game. Nothing wrong with those mechanisms, you know? They have proven to be effective as any other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.