Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike K
United States
Fairless Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, ABC has now debuted a new game show tonight: 'National Bingo Night'.

Here's my thought:

WORST! GAMESHOW! EVER!!!

What utter crap!

The host is boring and stupid at the same time. The 'race' theme is more tacked-on than anything Knizia ever dreamed up. The whole 'bingo' hopper mechanism is overblown crap.

But the absolute WORST part of the whole debacle is this: the first contestant got to the goal (500 pts, all by going 'higher' or 'lower' with the oversized bingo balls), and seemed to win $50,000 and diamond earrings ... only to have the whole thing taken away by some no-name studio audience schmoe who wins $5,000 for screwing the contestant. This is totally barbaric a thing to do to a contestant, who walks away with absolutely nothing without having any chance to bail out earlier. No other gameshow has ever screwed over a player who had no say in the matter whatsoever; he didn't miss a trivia question, guess the wrong letter, or even take one too many cases. Pure luck dictates this game, as in real life, but this translation to a game show does not work.

I quit after the first contestant. I speculate that this show won't last another two episodes; at the least, it doesn't deserve to.

Junk!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Greer
South Carolina
msg tools
designer
Oh, you missed the best part, with the second contestant where the host told her something like, "Stay focused, don't lose your cool!" All she had to do was push a frickin' button....

I was miffed with the way the first guy lost the game, too. It seemed so unfair.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shumyum
United States
flag msg tools
badge
♒♒♒♒♎♒♒♒♒ sloooowly sinking
Quote:
This is totally barbaric a thing to do to a contestant.

WARNING: This is disgusting and rated PG-13.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
so...GET a "radio station" broadcasting under a NON-'profit', charitable, or FREE "airings" with "donations" taken in or by "subscriptions" even! TALK about what? You see, in this method then a broader 'cast' is netted with "niche" people doing that for their interests, just as I'd be doing as well FOR my owns. WHO amongst you would be willing to "pay & say" what you will with the likes of myself or another? Had anyone entertained the thought of "entertaining" or even discussing with another the many "games" of which there were. There are plenty of people who would DEVOTE the time for a subject or topic that grasps firmly onto your "fancies"! Help your fellows of that where you DO take up this with and support these folks where you are, while be GLAD you ain't HERE!
"I'm on the [b]GROGnadsican... R-A-D-I-O-!"
surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Amstutz
United States
Chula Vista
California
flag msg tools
I can read you mind
badge
I am the eye in the sky, looking at you. I can read you mind. I am the maker of rules, dealing with fools. i can cheat you blind. And I don't need to see anymore to know that....
mbmbmbmbmb
Coyotek4 wrote:

Here's my thought:

WORST! GAMESHOW! EVER!!!

Junk!

This by definition, applies to pretty much every game show. What is it about us that we enjoy, nay, actually are happy, when we see some stranger win money for answering some stupid questions???
I say, if it ain't me that's winning the money, I DON'T CARE! But that's just me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Glenn
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aww, c'mon, it's BINGO. What did you expect?

I dunno. I thought it was kinda goofy fun playing along at home with my printed out Bingo cards. I didn't win a $5 Kmart card. I haven't finished the show yet so I don't know if I've won a Rascal Flatts CD.

What's a Rascal Flatt?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kandrac
United States
Grand Prairie
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shumyum wrote:
Quote:
This is totally barbaric a thing to do to a contestant.

WARNING: This is disgusting and rated PG-13.

Are you telling me that these were the people that almost took out the entire Pacific Fleet?

Gg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Hughes
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I quit after the first contestant. I speculate that this show won't last another two episodes; at the least, it doesn't deserve to.

You should have stayed to watch the whole thing! They mixed it up a bit.

In the last game there were creepy bride and groom dolls about 7 feet apart. The contestant had to guess whether the ball that came out of the hopper would have a black sticker or a red sticker on it... If she got 7 right before someone got bingo, (each guess she got right made the bride walk one step closer to the groom) then she won the $50,000!

Actually I'm not sure if she won or not, and I didn't see what the second game's theme was - I'm sure it was equally exciting - because I was flipping back and forth between this and Caddyshack II (truth!), and I found myself MORE ENTHRALLED WITH THE MOVIE...

(BTW, I wouldn't recommend this particular viewing combination... My IQ has dropped about 12 points, and I'm now seeing a psychiatrist about my penchant for the occaisional screaming fit...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls