Star Trek Panic» Forums » General

Subject: Box says Age 13+. How young is too young for this game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris O'Hara
Canada
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
I just bought this for my coworker to play with his sons. He is a huge Star Trek fan. His boys are 7 and 10. Do you think this is too mature for that age? Will they be able to understand and have fun if they have a dad who keeps track of the rules, etc.?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mohnkern
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hockeymaniac99 wrote:
I just bought this for my coworker to play with his sons. He is a huge Star Trek fan. His boys are 7 and 10. Do you think this is too mature for that age? Will they be able to understand and have fun if they have a dad who keeps track of the rules, etc.?

I think if Dad is keeping track of the rules, 10 is certainly doable, 7? Hard to tell, but worth a shot. I'd check and see if they could understand the words on the cards and the mission boards, because language is important for this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Salch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I probably would play a shorter game. Like 3 missions. Fully Cooperative so dad could help. It can be frustrating for younger players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Hiesterman
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
I wish to kill you, be at rest as to that, but to kill you quietly in a snug, remote place, where you will not be able to boast of your death to anybody
badge
Caught trouser-free in open country...
mbmbmbmbmb
My kids were 6 and 10 when they started with Castle Panic, and this is only a click or two more complex. The nice thing is that it's co-op, so it's very easy for the older folks to help the younger ones...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rus
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My 7yo plays it fine, but once the novelty of the 3D enterprise wears off, I think they need to be a few years older to properly enjoy it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.