Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got the game as part of a trade. How is it with 2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Benjamin
United States
Los Alamos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my (limited) experience this game is so random that you should just as well roll dice, high number wins; regardless of number of players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game seems to have a love /hate relationship with people. They either love it or hate it with no in between it seems. I'm not sure why that is the case, but it has been since the game came out. Personally I find it a fun, fast, filler to play while you are waiting for another game to wrap up, or for more people to arrive. Definitely not something that you would play all night or anything like that, but everyone has their own opinions.

To answer your question, It definitely plays better with 3 or more as the options of where to stack the exploding kitten cards when diffused are pretty limited with only two. That said, it should be ok with just two for the most part. I've personally only played a handful of games with only two people though. We play a couple games a week of it with 3+ players though. If you also got the NSFW deck (or a second copy of the normal game) you can expand it up to a pretty good size player count. The majority of the game though really doesn't change regardless of the number of players, so only having two wont make that much of a difference in the end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Labao
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I usually include something like a punishment game for this, either extra shots (if drinking) or the winner isn't included in the round of wasabi-spiked dumplings they eat after every round. Definitely more fun with 3+ people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waggly Bean
United Kingdom
Walsall
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ive played this with 2, 3, and 5 players, and actually had the most fun with the two player games due to the psych-out element. It makes sense that I would put the kitten back into the deck an odd number of cards down so it gets my opponent, but did I?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.