Subject: Bebop and Rocksteady House Rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Turtle Freak
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know Bebop and Rocksteady are meant to only be used in their campaign, but I like how they've been generalized in such a way that you could easily include them in any mission that calls for Foot Bruisers without really unbalancing the game too much since they have a cost to deploy. I have a feeling the group I play with is going to want me to use them whenever possible since they're more familiar with the first cartoon, so this is likely something we'll be house-ruling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Dufficy
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I agree, I think a lot of folks will want to include them in other battles. I think Kevin thought this through enough, which is why is costs you most of or all of your focus to use them, and they don't respawn like normal minions, I think. There's a tradeoff for including that extra power from the start.
It was a smart move since everyone wanted them, but the game team didn't want to off balance the game they worked really hard on.
I'm looking forward to seeing their full versions once the expansions start rolling out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Turtle Freak
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
B&R don't respawn, but I think you can still respawn Bruisers to take their place after B&R are KO'd so it's not too costly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure this counts as a house-rule. They are designed to be used in any mission with Bruisers. It's a literal rule. And yes, once they die, the villain player can still respawn normal Bruisers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Troutman
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Turtle Freak wrote:
B&R don't respawn, but I think you can still respawn Bruisers to take their place after B&R are KO'd so it's not too costly.

Yeah, if I've understood what Kevin has said correctly, the Bruisers B&R replace stay in your figure pool, so they can be respawned later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Turtle Freak
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
donnbobhardy wrote:
I'm not sure this counts as a house-rule. They are designed to be used in any mission with Bruisers. It's a literal rule.

Well, it's a special rule that's only mentioned in the B&R campaign as far as I can see which implies it's only meant to be used there. In any case, they are definitely designed to be used in any mission, and I was just pointing out they could be used that way in case anyone didn't realize it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Miller
msg tools
mb
It's only mentioned there because it's KS-exclusive and that's the KS section that uses them. But that's like saying you can't ever use April or Casey or Splinter because the rules specifically mention playing 4 turtles. There's such a thing as being too literal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.