$35.00
behzad z
Iran
msg tools
Hello everybody

After playing a few times, I have some questions about rules

1- Can someone use 2 sea areas for ship transport?
Example: I have units in Dragonstone. I place a march order on them. I have friendly ships in both Shipbreaker Bay and East Summer Sea. Can I use ship transport to move units from Dragonstone to Sunspear or Salt Shore?

2- When Supply and Reconcile armies westeros card comes up, Can someone make changes to his units wherever he wants for future mustering purposes?
Example: I'm 3-2-2 on supply track and I have 2 footmen in each of 3 land areas I control. The supply card comes up and I stay put on supply track. Can I now exchange my footmen with knights so later I have more space for mustering?

3- when mustering card comes up, with the same situation in question 2, can I change units anywhere I want (exchange footmen with knights) in order to use my maximum supply limit?

Thanks very much

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matteo Angioletti
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmb
1. Yes. There is no limit for ship transport apart from the areas being contiguous.

2. No. You can only modify the composition of your armies during Mustering, and then only by upgrading. You cannot downgrade, merge or destroy units if not forced by a specific card effect.

3. Partially. As said above, you cannot willingly downgrade, merge or destroy units but only upgrade them. Also, you can only upgrade units that are currently in an area which gives mustering points (containing therefore a Castle or a Stronghold).

So in your example, you could use 1 mustering point to upgrade a FM to KN, but only if said FM was in an area which was actually giving the used mustering point. Spare mustering points cannot be used to muster or upgrade land units in other areas (eg. a FM in Blackwater cannot be upgraded with a mustering point from King's Landing)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Lodge
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember... 2 footman don't make a knight. 1 footmen +1 Mustering point does.

Here is a reference sheet I made for our games as we were learning. Always discovering rules we were playing slightly wrong.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzUqoUE_JiOuQWxqOEJkcXduNT...

The worst was allowing support through ships.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
behzad z
Iran
msg tools
mitchiemasha wrote:

Here is a reference sheet I made for our games as we were learning. Always discovering rules we were playing slightly wrong.

The PDF is really helpful, tnx. I'm gonna translate it to farsi and give my friends a copy each

What do yo mean by "The worst was allowing support through ships"?
Ships can support both adjacent sea and land combats, right?

Also, I didn't fully understand what do you mean by this:

"Special - As normal or special, can’t be placed over
the limit, even as normal. If over, 1st swap it for
normal, 2nd discard it, 3rd remove all specials (HR)."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kuba W
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BehzadZ wrote:
mitchiemasha wrote:

The PDF is really helpful, tnx. I'm gonna translate it to farsi and give my friends a copy each

What do yo mean by "The worst was allowing support through ships"?
Ships can support both adjacent sea and land combats, right?

Also, I didn't fully understand what do you mean by this:

"Special - As normal or special, can’t be placed over
the limit, even as normal. If over, 1st swap it for
normal, 2nd discard it, 3rd remove all specials (HR)."

Didn't read the file, but your questions seem clear enough to answer them:

1. Support through ships is not allowed, i.e.: land units cannot support areas not adjacent to them even if they are "connected" to them through ships (for example land units in Dragonstone cannot support Storm's End, even if there are ships in between).

2. The rulebook simply says that placing special orders (marked with star) above the limit indicated by the raven track is not allowed, it doesn't say what to do when someone makes an honest mistake and places too many special orders anyway. There are various house rules to address this issue, the one described above is one example.
Myself, I tend to be more tolerant towards new players, allowing two or even three such mistakes in the game (by letting them swap special order to a normal one), but with experienced players, the extra orders are simply discarded and the corresponding units cannot do anything in the round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.