Conan» Forums » Rules

Subject: the wrath of anu rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
King of the Wood
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
under Interrogation: on the die symbol result of 3 means the priest is killed and lifts curse if able to do so. the book then states overlord does not inform the hero whether the curse is broken or not.... surely the hero has to know he has can now leave the inn and win the game? or does he then have to continue to find all priests and resolve them yes/no re curse and then leave? I can see player getting confused by this situation...like what is going on?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Brazelton
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Troll66 wrote:
under Interrogation: on the die symbol result of 3 means the priest is killed and lifts curse if able to do so. the book then states overlord does not inform the hero whether the curse is broken or not.... surely the hero has to know he has can now leave the inn and win the game? or does he then have to continue to find all priests and resolve them yes/no re curse and then leave? I can see player getting confused by this situation...like what is going on?

I think that's the idea. The heroes don't know if they can leave or not. So they can take the chance and leave and maybe lose (which they may chance if it looks like they may not survive) or they can use process of elimination and interrogate all the rest. Honestly, I LOVE this mechanic. It's pretty unique and adds a cool level of uncertainty and make additional replays of this scenario more fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aubaine wrote:
I think that's the idea. The heroes don't know if they can leave or not. So they can take the chance and leave and maybe lose (which they may chance if it looks like they may not survive) or they can use process of elimination and interrogate all the rest. Honestly, I LOVE this mechanic. It's pretty unique and adds a cool level of uncertainty and make additional replays of this scenario more fun.

It also incidentally makes it one of the few scenarios which can't be played left-hand-vs-right (i.e. solo). :/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
anthony dybacz
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When playing solo, could you not just put the 'dead' priests to one side and flip them once you escape?
I suppose the OL knowing you have the right priest might change his tactics, but at least you could experience the scenario
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone ..................
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sgbeal wrote:
aubaine wrote:

It also incidentally makes it one of the few scenarios which can't be played left-hand-vs-right (i.e. solo). :/

Which sucks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul F
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
sgbeal wrote:
aubaine wrote:

You can always play solo. It is the same as finding the princess in the Pict village. Incidentally just finishing off the first draft of my OL AI...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
multifish wrote:
You can always play solo. It is the same as finding the princess in the Pict village. Incidentally just finishing off the first draft of my OL AI...

i've played the initial scenario several times solo. i simply randomize the number tokens (face down), spread them randomly throughout the huts, and place the Princess' mini on some random number of the turn chart. When checking a hut, flip over its token to see the number. If it matches the Princess' position on the turn chart, she's discovered.

i haven't yet conceived a way to make this scenario work solo with regards to its "hidden info." Anthony makes a suggestion above, but i haven't got the scenario in front of me so i can't match up what he's saying with the scenario itself (will need to take a look at it later on).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't you just take some tokens, randomize them facedown and then place them on the map for the priests?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
charlest wrote:
Can't you just take some tokens, randomize them facedown and then place them on the map for the priests?

i tried that, but part of the scenario is not knowing whether or not any given priest can absolve you (even after you "interrogate" him). Conan has to just guess (more or less) and hope that he's absolved when he leaves the map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conan Meriadoc
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sgbeal wrote:
charlest wrote:

i tried that, but part of the scenario is not knowing whether or not any given priest can absolve you (even after you "interrogate" him). Conan has to just guess (more or less) and hope that he's absolved when he leaves the map.

Well, if you randomize (4 red, 1 green) you won't know which priest lifts the curse; if they talk, flip them, if they die, set them aside without looking at them, and flip them when you get out
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dystopian wrote:
Well, if you randomize (4 red, 1 green) you won't know which priest lifts the curse; if they talk, flip them, if they die, set them aside without looking at them, and flip them when you get out

That sounds doable. i'll have to try that sometime when my gaming table is free. (It's currently clogged up with the Serpent-Specter scenario.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.