Adam Brocker
United States
Gilbert
AZ
flag msg tools
Omnigamer and Game Devourer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Russian Railroads: American Railroads is now available via the BGG store for $22 plus shipping:
http://boardgamegeekstore.com/products/russian-railroads-ame...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Happy Everything!
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NB: Since it's actual postage cost on this and they give you several options during check-out: The cheapest shipping is at the top of the list and is selected by default (standard retail). To my zip code, the price for 2-day was only a penny higher and that's what I picked (of course).

It's worth double-checking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will it be available via normal stores? Because paying 16$US to ship a game costing 28$US is expensive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Brocker
United States
Gilbert
AZ
flag msg tools
Omnigamer and Game Devourer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wildhorn wrote:
Will it be available via normal stores? Because paying 16$US to ship a game costing 28$US is expensive.

I have no real idea, but this seems unlikely. If they were planning on distributing it in other means, then they probably would not have allowed BGG to sell it directly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Happy Everything!
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wildhorn wrote:

I don't know how the $CDN is faring against the Euro, but you can buy it directly from CundC

https://cundco.de/mini-erweiterungen/russian-railroads/178/r...

The total is just under 19 euros, including international shipping.

Edit: I've had great luck buying expansions from them directly, they have quick turnaround and I've rarely waited more than a week for stuff to get here (though I know Canada Post is a wildcard).

BTW, if you try to purchase more than 2, the shipping will go up to something obscene, so just buy 1. It's because they charge shipping by the total price of the order, not by the weight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus Knechtskern
Germany
Groebenzell
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
tigiba wrote:
Wildhorn wrote:

I don't know how the $CDN is faring against the Euro, but you can buy it directly from CundC

Edit: I've had great luck buying expansions from them directly, they have quick turnaround and I've rarely waited more than a week for stuff to get here (though I know Canada Post is a wildcard).

BTW, if you try to purchase more than 2, the shipping will go up to something obscene, so just buy 1. It's because they charge shipping by the total price of the order, not by the weight.

The price when ordering 2 goes up as the postage rate increases accordingly; they do definitely not overcharge you, they just cover their costs

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Happy Everything!
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KlausKnechtskern wrote:
tigiba wrote:
Wildhorn wrote:

The price when ordering 2 goes up as the postage rate increases accordingly; they do definitely not overcharge you, they just cover their costs

I didn't mean to imply that they overcharge at all. Their shipping on purchases less than 15 euros isn't only fair, I wonder if they don't take a loss on it.

I don't know what they do for Europe or elsewhere, but they charge a flat-rate shipping price to US/Canada for purchases up to 15 euros (I do know this to be true from other purchases). Anything over 15 euros is charged by weight, which is why the cost of shipping increases about 8-fold. For the RR mini-expansion, people tried to buy multiples only to get a shock on the shipping price.

They really are more than fair and, again, I was warning people because if you buy 2, the shipping will probably shoot up from 4 euros flat rate to 30 euros by weight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus Knechtskern
Germany
Groebenzell
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
As I am helping them pack the things I can tell you what they do. If the weight (and the volume) is low enough it can be shipped in a sturdy, big, envelope. Shipping these is really reasonable.

A friend of mine used that type of packing to ship copies of The Ladies of Troyes to the states for small money
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Happy Everything!
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KlausKnechtskern wrote:
As I am helping them pack the things I can tell you what they do. If the weight (and the volume) is low enough it can be shipped in a sturdy, big, envelope. Shipping these is really reasonable.

A friend of mine used that type of packing to ship copies of The Ladies of Troyes to the states for small money

That's good to know!

FWIW, I am absolutely positive that when the RR mini-expansion came out, they were charging by the total price of the order because we were all getting extras up to the 15 euros limit for the 4euro shipping -- and that anyone who bought more than 2 expansions got a big surprise when they went to check out. Three of those single-board mini-expansions would have fit in a letter-brief envelope and been within the weight limit.

Anyway, thank you again for the info! It's good to know! And I'm glad I don't have to feel guilty about their low pricing for p&p

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tigiba wrote:
Wildhorn wrote:

Thanks for the cue. This costed me 29$ CAD with the shipping! So cheaper than on BGGStore and its like free shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Myers
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
Dexposure.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK I put my order in 2 days ago, when is it going to ship?

Edit: shipping notice received today. laugh

Edit: Received in mail 11/10/16.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.