Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
Serial gamer
badge
Stedje van lol en plezeer
mbmbmbmbmb
Does this card only affect cards in hand or also the card that was selected in Phase1.
In our today I played my last card in phase1 and then the creature played this 'Forbidden Zone'. We ruled that this card affects only the cards still held in hand.

Please confirm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Adler
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your last card was already played in phase 1, you have nothing to discard anymore. I would rule it the same way.

However, an official ruling would be nice. Especially, if the the 'Forbidden Zone' forces you to discard something and therefore forces you to resist or give up. This would be in phase 2, which is not the phase the ruling of resist/give up (or consequences of give up) is envisioned for. That's why I tend to 'no effect' like you played it.

Out of curiosity: Why did you have no cards in hand, the creature should exactly know where you are (depending on remembering your extra place cards). One of the rare cases, where you thought 'give up' is worse than no cards on hand?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Thijssen
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
Serial gamer
badge
Stedje van lol en plezeer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Matthias - tx for your answer. I'm glad to see you agree.

To satisfy your curiosity. We played it for the first time and were trying to get our heads around it. I, indeed, did learn that it is not such a good idea to only have 1 card left

So far the monster won all 4 times. We have to keep on trying...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Espreman Etienne
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
eaglewing wrote:
Your last card was already played in phase 1, you have nothing to discard anymore. I would rule it the same way.

However, an official ruling would be nice. Especially, if the the 'Forbidden Zone' forces you to discard something and therefore forces you to resist or give up. This would be in phase 2, which is not the phase the ruling of resist/give up (or consequences of give up) is envisioned for. That's why I tend to 'no effect' like you played it.

Exact ! ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
EuropaExpress wrote:
Does this card only affect cards in hand or also the card that was selected in Phase1.
In our today I played my last card in phase1 and then the creature played this 'Forbidden Zone'. We ruled that this card affects only the cards still held in hand.

You always discard card from your hand. The Place card played phase 1 is not in your hand anymore. The spirit behind this card is to reduce the hand of the Hunted to deduct the place they are exploring.

EuropaExpress wrote:
To satisfy your curiosity. We played it for the first time and were trying to get our heads around it. I, indeed, did learn that it is not such a good idea to only have 1 card left

So far the monster won all 4 times. We have to keep on trying...

Managing you hand is vital if you want to survive. 4 ways to do it:

- use the power of the Lair, the Jungle, the Rover and the Swamp
- take back a card from your discard pile instead of playing the power of a place
- Resist or give in phase 1, before playing your place card
- some survival cards could help

Another tip: sometimes play unexpected moves. Remember the Creature is trying to guess where you are going to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.