7 Posts

Blood Rage» Forums » Rules

Subject: Lord of Axes / Lord of Spears - Multiple leader question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Keller
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know the Mountain Giant is considered a Leader figure so these Leader upgrades (Lord of Axes / Lord of Spears) do work for it as well.

My question is this...

If you have your normal leader AND the Mountain Giant in one area (with one of these upgrades active), and you successfully pillage, do BOTH of the leaders get to take an extra pillaging reward?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rush
msg tools
madmak72 wrote:
I know the Mountain Giant is considered a Leader figure so these Leader upgrades (Lord of Axes / Lord of Spears) do work for it as well.

My question is this...

If you have your normal leader AND the Mountain Giant in one area (with one of these upgrades active), and you successfully pillage, do BOTH of the leaders get to take an extra pillaging reward?

Yes, each leader has the ability, so each would trigger separately and the reward would be received twice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matheus Affonso
Brazil
Porto Alegre
RS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe they wouldn't, and I don't remember whether this has been officially regarded yet or not. You see, the trigger for both cards is "if you successfully pillage with your leader". It's not "for every leader present in a successfull pillage". If you have one leader in a pillage, you fulfill the requirement for the effect. If you have two leaders, nothing changes — you're still "successfully pillaging with your leader" only once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mdaffonso wrote:
I believe they wouldn't, and I don't remember whether this has been officially regarded yet or not. You see, the trigger for both cards is "if you successfully pillage with your leader". It's not "for every leader present in a successfull pillage". If you have one leader in a pillage, you fulfill the requirement for the effect. If you have two leaders, nothing changes — you're still "successfully pillaging with your leader" only once.

If I remember correctly, it was already confirmed by Thiago in the official FAQ that you would get double rewards for more leaders.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1462419/fire-gianttroll-inv...
Quote:
4. I asked Thiago Aranha and he said you will get the benefit from the leader upgrade two times if you use both the mountain giant and your leader on a pillage action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rush
msg tools
mdaffonso wrote:

It the cards were clan upgrades, then that argument would work since it would only trigger once when pillaging. However, since it is a unit upgrade it will check for every unit in the battle and trigger for each leader. If it were to only trigger once per battle/action, then the Ship loop would NOT be seen as broken (by unexperienced players) since you could only get a max of 12 glory per battle/action, even if you had your ship and sea serpent there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Keller
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thank You for the responses everyone. I will bring this to our table!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matheus Affonso
Brazil
Porto Alegre
RS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@Teowulff Oh, I see. I stand corrected, then. Thanks for the info.

Krushhhhh wrote:
It the cards were clan upgrades, then that argument would work since it would only trigger once when pillaging. However, since it is a unit upgrade it will check for every unit in the battle and trigger for each leader. If it were to only trigger once per battle/action, then the Ship loop would NOT be seen as broken (by unexperienced players) since you could only get a max of 12 glory per battle/action, even if you had your ship and sea serpent there.

I'm sorry, your logic doesn't make much sense. The Dragons cards state: "Gain 4/8/12 glory when a ship of yours is destroyed." If you have two ships, and both are destroyed, the wording on the card clearly indicates you would have triggered it twice. It would be different if, for example, the wording were something like: "Gain 4/8/12 glory if you lose a battle in which a ship of yours has participated." The trigger would then be "losing a battle", and then you could argue one way or the other (and I'd say the same I said for the Lord of Axes/Spears upgrades).

But anyway, since it's been already settled by the developer, then that's that. There's no point in discussing the issue any further.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.