Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mb
This comment is not mine.

Hi everyone,
I just came from the Waagh Taverne, where I met Damien [= game creator] and his team, and played Gnomes & associates.

I played only one game, because the store closed at 10 PM but I really enjoyed it. I've been really surprised, the rules of the game are simple, but the game itself can become really complex with adult gamers, and this is what made it very interesting. Because in the end, all the guilds if they want to win, need to focus on the same thing : resources and creating artefacts. But these resources and artefacts can be lost (or stolen) very quickly. And each guild can decide to put an end to the game with its own main goal before counting points (based on gold, artefacts, and main goal). So as I said, very simple rules, but complex game, and very dynamic (you cannot win staying in your corner).

So after that game, the game appears equilibrate (considering that all the guild have different mechanisms and "end of the game goal", but all looking for the same things (gold, artefacts, and completing their main own goal)). Moreover, it has to be considered that more guilds can be added to the for already their, and also other way to play with the add-ons. So in the end, that game is a very good investment if you are looking for a dynamic game, figures are here to introduce the youngest to figures' games, but for the olders, the interest here is a new gameplay, equilibrate, and bringing many ways to play (but if you like figures, I can tell you that they are great (gnome and herbalist are my favorite)).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.