alexander stark
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone. I read the rules a couple of months ago and now I'm rereading the rules in Spanish.

Then I see something I wonder if the translation made an errata. In my rules says that you can return a viking from any action space, while the English rules says from the respective action space (I suppose from the pillaging, laying a snare or whaling space, no?). What is correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
What page is that on? Failing the pillaging / snare / whaling spaces should only return a viking from those action spaces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Heeren
Germany
Eppstein-Bremthal
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
alexandermagno wrote:
Hi everyone. I read the rules a couple of months ago and now I'm rereading the rules in Spanish.

Then I see something I wonder if the translation made an errata. In my rules says that you can return a viking from any action space, while the English rules says from the respective action space (I suppose from the pillaging, laying a snare or whaling space, no?). What is correct?

The information on the action board is correct and is to be followed!
Look at the "return-viking" symbols on the action spaces in the hunting and pillaging group to see which spaces allow you to return one or two vikings when failing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alexander stark
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GAFBlizzard wrote:
What page is that on? Failing the pillaging / snare / whaling spaces should only return a viking from those action spaces.

On pages 18 and 19. I know that only you return a viking when you fail on these actions. I only want to assure that the Spanish rules are wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Moser
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alexandermagno wrote:
GAFBlizzard wrote:

On pages 18 and 19. I know that only you return a viking when you fail on these actions. I only want to assure that the Spanish rules are wrong.

Let me rephrase, because there may be some confusion. If you fail at Whaling in column 3, you get to return two Vikings from the Whaling action you just took, and redeploy them to another action this round. You cannot leave the three Vikings there and take two Vikings from other action spaced that you previously used this round.

I believe this is the correct interpretation, but it sounds like the translation that the OP has in hand is misleading and suggests that any two of your Vikings can be returned, leaving all three "whalers" where they are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Spain
Coruña
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alex: So far there are three important errata in the Spanish manual. The one about returning Vikings, the one about harvesting resources (that one is MAJOR) and one about cards with two available options.

I've explained all of them in Spanish: http://labsk.net/index.php?topic=182681.msg1702420;topicseen#msg1702420

I won't go back there anyway. That board is full of trolls and thread derailers. Maybe we should start a thread in the bgg for Spanish readers or keep updating this one.

Luckily, every bit of relevant info is available in English in the appendix and the rule book in z-man. So its guaranteed you can find translation mistakes all by yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alexander stark
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zosete wrote:
Alex: So far there are three important errata in the Spanish manual. The one about returning Vikings, the one about harvesting resources (that one is MAJOR) and one about cards with two available options.

I've explained all of them in Spanish: http://labsk.net/index.php?topic=182681.msg1702420;topicseen#msg1702420

I won't go back there anyway. That board is full of trolls and thread derailers. Maybe we should start a thread in the bgg for Spanish readers or keep updating this one.

Luckily, every bit of relevant info is available in English in the appendix and the rule book in z-man. So its guaranteed you can find translation mistakes all by yourself.

I'll take a look, thanks for the answers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.