Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
Shaman
mbmbmb
The stories are going crazy with terms (admittedly hyperbolic) like "Renegade factions" and "rogue agents" being thrown around.

Not poisoning it with my understanding, can people give me their version of the real rundown?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What I've heard is that there is a anti Clinton faction of ex marines in the FBI mostly based in New York. They are leaking various news with the authority of "FBI sources". This may violate various laws but will be hard to prove. Guilliani's law firm represents the retired FBI agent organization and he has a lot of retired FBI contacts who have a lot of active contacts.

There was some private FBI meeting where the faction was very outspoken.

And the entire thing may violate the Hatch Act.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Once the election is over the new AG Guilliani will look right into it after Hillary's locked up for the same kind of shit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaitlyn Smith
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rcbevco wrote:
Once the election is over the new AG Guilliani will look right into it after Hillary's locked up for the same kind of shit.
As opposed to Holder or Lynch who would never do anything politically motivated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:

Quote:
The 1939 Act forbade the intimidation or bribery of voters and restricts political campaign activities by federal employees. It prohibits using any public funds designated for relief or public works for electoral purposes. It forbade officials paid with federal funds from using promises of jobs, promotion, financial assistance, contracts, or any other benefit to coerce campaign contributions or political support. It provided that persons below the policy-making level in the executive branch of the federal government must not only refrain from political practices that would be illegal for any citizen, but must abstain from "any active part" in political campaigns, using this language to specify those who are exempt:[6]

(i) an employee paid from an appropriation for the Executive Office of the President; or
(ii) an employee appointed by the President, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate, whose position is located within the United States, who determines policies to be pursued by the United States in the nationwide administration of Federal laws.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
Donald wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:

Quote:
The 1939 Act forbade the intimidation or bribery of voters and restricts political campaign activities by federal employees. It prohibits using any public funds designated for relief or public works for electoral purposes. It forbade officials paid with federal funds from using promises of jobs, promotion, financial assistance, contracts, or any other benefit to coerce campaign contributions or political support. It provided that persons below the policy-making level in the executive branch of the federal government must not only refrain from political practices that would be illegal for any citizen, but must abstain from "any active part" in political campaigns, using this language to specify those who are exempt:[6]

(i) an employee paid from an appropriation for the Executive Office of the President; or
(ii) an employee appointed by the President, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate, whose position is located within the United States, who determines policies to be pursued by the United States in the nationwide administration of Federal laws.

Is it really illegal to report a candidate's crime if you're a federal employee?

I mean, I know that isn't true, but it sure reads that way to me at first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaitlyn_Res wrote:
rcbevco wrote:
As opposed to Holder or Lynch who would never do anything politically motivated.

I've never said they didn't. The new boss will be the same as the old boss. The funny thing is they all think they have the 'better angels' on their side. None of them do. To me that's the funniest part about this whole election. I'm voting for SCOTUS not POTUS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Terwox wrote:
Donald wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:

Quote:

Is it really illegal to report a candidate's crime if you're a federal employee?

I mean, I know that isn't true, but it sure reads that way to me at first.

To the press? Yes. What you have to do is report it up the chain of command until you get to, "an employee appointed by the President, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate...."

For now. On 11/9, if what's been said about Trump's taxes is true, that he declared a $2B loss but also didn't pay off a $2B loan (which would be income), he's going to get audited by the IRS. If he's not already being audited. But for now, silence.
___

As far as I've read, yes, some FBI agents are running amok, and apparently Comey's cryptic comment was to defuse the stuff coming out, which should not have come out at this time. I expect this will be investigated as soon as the election is over.

Maybe Mac is right about it being Marines, but if so, that's pretty stupid of them. The Corps could suffer because of it, which is bad for the whole nation. How much enlistment does the Corps get because of Marine One? What if that turns into Army One or Navy One or Socom One or Coast Guard One or Air Force Helicopter One? The President is Commander-in-Chief and so can probably use any of the services as helicopter driver. I believe W used a Navy plane for his Mission Accomplished carrier landing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
I hadn't heard "ex-Marines" but yeah it does sound like it's centered in the NY office of the FBI. Apparently, that's from where Rudy Giuliani (a former prosecutor so he's got old ties to law enforcement) got advance notice of some of the leaks these FBI people were going to issue. Allegedly, it was pressure from these guys that made Comey send his strange letter to Congress last week. (Last week? Christ, it feels like years ago.)

What gets me is how an FBI agent (of whom I generally have a good opinion) could fall for sensationalist stuff like the book Clinton Cash.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area / Currently I sponsor gaming groups in Monroe & Alexandria, LA.
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

windsagio wrote:
The stories are going crazy with terms (admittedly hyperbolic) like "Renegade factions" and "rogue agents" being thrown around.

Not poisoning it with my understanding, can people give me their version of the real rundown?

Certain pro-Trump elements in the FBI contacted certain folks in the Trump campaign from whom they received some opposition research (conspiracy bullshit courtesy of Breithbart News) which they (the pro-Trump FBI agents) in turn leaked to select conservative media outlets as if it had actually been part of the content of an actual FBI investigation underway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.