Klutz
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
I am a "certified" art critic.
badge
I am a professional BGG commenter.
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's try and get this project back on track!

The last post in the [thread=18052917]previous thread[/thread] was over a year ago...

A few things worth noting about this campaign:

E This is NOT a campaign system like paddirn's HexCrawl. It is a simple, story-driven, multi-mission campaign that takes your posse of heroes on a cool adventure. You can jump in with your current posse of heroes if you get tired of the included missions or start a brand new posse.

E There is no preparation required and no Special Rules to read before hand, just read the story, setup the Mission and go! The only special rules needed are included on a Mission-by-Mission basis.

E The Missions' difficulty should be on par with the included Missions. House-ruling to make the game harder/easier is left to the discretion of the players.

E This is the first Mission of the first story-driven campaign that we have worked on and, therefore, is deliberately kept simple.

The whole campaign will consist of 3 Missions and 1 optional Side-Quest. I am currently looking for feedback on the Side-Quest and the second Mission.

You can find a PDF of the story leading up to the first mission and on to the first side-quest here:

Please share any comments you have about the mission, the story or the graphic design as well as any typos, grammar or syntax errors you find!

In particular, you'll notice that there is a whole page missing for the Side-Quest setup! If anyone plays this mission, please share a quick picture of the setup you used. Bonus points if it uses only tiles from the Swamps of Jargono Core Set!

Current errata / to do wrote:
- Fix spacing under "Reward" for Mission 2
- Change Mission 2 Rewards (currently the same as Mission 1, oops!)

The writer of this particular story is OdieBracy, send him some GeekGold!

Odie Bracy
United States
Glendale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

If there are any writers or illustrators/artists out there that would like to contribute to this project, or any future projects, let me know!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Schmidt
msg tools
I'll definitely give this a crack - hopefully sometime in the next week or two! The idea of a story-driven multi-game mission is incredibly appealing, so I'd love to see this come together!

And if you need extra hands for writing (flavour text or rules or what-have-you), then give me a shout!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chasissa D
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
I'm in for this. Thanks for getting back around to it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ScottL
United States
Weare
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Found this while skimming through it
On the page 5, a small typo

The Fourth Clue
The the Third Clue is discovered

And also, should it be the 4th clue or the 3rd clue?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klutz
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
I am a "certified" art critic.
badge
I am a professional BGG commenter.
mbmbmbmbmb
ScooterNH wrote:
Found this while skimming through it
On the page 5, a small typo

The Fourth Clue
The the Third Clue is discovered

And also, should it be the 4th clue or the 3rd clue?

It should be the 3rd clue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Keetlaer
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks great, not only regarding the rules but also visually. I took a read of it all, and I like it. I will definitely try this out.

I like the graphic distinction between flavour text pages and rules text pages. But why do you have two different page borders for the introduction/one Mission and two Missions?
The "link" to thread 18052917 in the first post of this thread doesn't work, it's no link (the number is not a thread; it should be either thread #1304749 or article #18052917).

Page 3

There's a rather abrupt change from the hut to the hills. I could imagine adding a small paragraph about leaving the hut and traveling a (small) distance.

Page 5

There's indeed no need to eliminate all the Enemies?

Page 6

party, maybe change that to Posse? (also on other page(s)...)
at the water’s edge.[ ]Before you can
You can only hope that you are being lead away -> led away?

Page 7

It’s [] testament to the lush vegetation

Page 8

When one or [more] Heroes are in the Boat

Page 10

Quote:
Set-Up
Remove all Exploration Tokens that do not feature an Encounter or a Threat.

I suppose by Threat you mean Attack, as that is the word used on the Exploration tokens?
I found no Exploration tokens without either an Encounter or an Attack. So what would you want to do here? Remove all without a Clue?
I would add: This Mission uses a modified set up: all Heroes start on the Jargono Entrance Map Tile.

Quote:
At the start of each Round,

Round: shouldn't that be Turn?

Quote:
The Fourth Clue
When the Fourth Clue is discovered, place the Swamps of Jargono Map Tile called “The Nest” at an exit of the current Room.
Need to validate that this is the tile with the eggs.

This tile is indeed the one with the eggs.
at a [random] exit of the current Room; place a cap on all other exits.
You might want to add to Set up something along the lines of: "Remove the card The Nest from the Jargono Map Deck."

Once any e[n]emies have been killed,
Why a Gear card as reward and not a Jargono Artifact? That seems to me a more apropriate reward.

This turned out to be quite a list...
I don't want to be nitpicky, I just want to improve the document in all aspects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Price
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
RobKeet wrote:
I don't want to be nitpicky, I just want to improve the document in all aspects.

Welcome to editing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Keetlaer
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rpvt wrote:
RobKeet wrote:

Welcome to editing.

And I'm not even a NESsie (Native English Speaker)...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Keetlaer
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And a modification of one point:
RobKeet wrote:
(...)
Quote:
The Fourth Clue
When the Fourth Clue is discovered, place the Swamps of Jargono Map Tile called “The Nest” at an exit of the current Room.
Need to validate that this is the tile with the eggs.

This tile is indeed the one with the eggs.
at a [random] exit of the current Room; place a cap on all other exits.
You might want to add to Set up something along the lines of: "Remove the card The Nest from the Jargono Map Deck."
(...)

at a [random] exit of the current Room; place a[n end] cap on all other exits. The Nest is a dead end room; place an end cap on all exits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.