Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Derrek McNab
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dawned on me one day if occupations would work for Surburbia when I noticed Dale Yu's contributions who also contributed to Agricola.

The main downside being the luck of getting an occupation related to a goal, or the appropriate tiles not coming up related to your occupation in the game. But assuming if you could play an occupation instead of a tile, that can give reason to add more tiles in. And perhaps as an action you can "enable" a certain goal, a la Terraforming Mars. Thus allowing a few more tiles to be added.

Ideally I would think Occupations, or assistants would fit thematically, and could work the same way, with pre-requisites, possibly a cost, and active or passive abilities.

thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hey, buddy, can you spare a role?
badge
I jotted it down in my Risk campaign book. I always used to do that so I could replay my moments of glory over a glass of brandy in the sleeping quarters.
mbmbmbmb
I'm not sure what you're talking about. Can you link to something that has an example of what Occupations are? Meaning like "I'm a power plant manager: You're a restaurateur." that kind of thing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dale yu
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
admin
designer
If you're not part of the soultion...
badge
You're part of the precipitate!
mbmbmbmbmb
kerred wrote:
Dawned on me one day if occupations would work for Surburbia when I noticed Dale Yu's contributions who also contributed to Agricola.

The main downside being the luck of getting an occupation related to a goal, or the appropriate tiles not coming up related to your occupation in the game. But assuming if you could play an occupation instead of a tile, that can give reason to add more tiles in. And perhaps as an action you can "enable" a certain goal, a la Terraforming Mars. Thus allowing a few more tiles to be added.

Ideally I would think Occupations, or assistants would fit thematically, and could work the same way, with pre-requisites, possibly a cost, and active or passive abilities.

thoughts?

Derrek, I have already thought about this in the past - but we couldn't make it work. I might try again at some point, but we've got other exciting expansion ideas on the horizon that we're currently working on

D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.