Popular Tags: [View All]
Derrek McNab
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dawned on me one day if occupations would work for Surburbia when I noticed Dale Yu's contributions who also contributed to Agricola.

The main downside being the luck of getting an occupation related to a goal, or the appropriate tiles not coming up related to your occupation in the game. But assuming if you could play an occupation instead of a tile, that can give reason to add more tiles in. And perhaps as an action you can "enable" a certain goal, a la Terraforming Mars. Thus allowing a few more tiles to be added.

Ideally I would think Occupations, or assistants would fit thematically, and could work the same way, with pre-requisites, possibly a cost, and active or passive abilities.

thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hey, buddy, can you spare a role?
badge
I jotted it down in my Risk campaign book. I always used to do that so I could replay my moments of glory over a glass of brandy in the sleeping quarters. --Arnold J. Rimmer--
mbmbmb
I'm not sure what you're talking about. Can you link to something that has an example of what Occupations are? Meaning like "I'm a power plant manager: You're a restaurateur." that kind of thing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dale yu
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
admin
designer
If you're not part of the soultion...
badge
You're part of the precipitate!
mbmbmbmbmb
kerred wrote:
Dawned on me one day if occupations would work for Surburbia when I noticed Dale Yu's contributions who also contributed to Agricola.

The main downside being the luck of getting an occupation related to a goal, or the appropriate tiles not coming up related to your occupation in the game. But assuming if you could play an occupation instead of a tile, that can give reason to add more tiles in. And perhaps as an action you can "enable" a certain goal, a la Terraforming Mars. Thus allowing a few more tiles to be added.

Ideally I would think Occupations, or assistants would fit thematically, and could work the same way, with pre-requisites, possibly a cost, and active or passive abilities.

thoughts?

Derrek, I have already thought about this in the past - but we couldn't make it work. I might try again at some point, but we've got other exciting expansion ideas on the horizon that we're currently working on

D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.