4 Posts

DC Comics Deck-Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Some questions regarding crisis 2 cards (potential spoilers) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Stephen
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I just got the second crisis expansion but I have some questions about some of the supervillains and crisises in it if anybody could help me out.

1. In crisis mode, if a player defeats a villain in the lineup after using aquamans trident do they get an opportunity to stack that villian to the top of their deck or would the villian still get destroyed?

2. I'm slightly confused about the wording of some of the cards, corrupted companion says in its first part 'resolve its (supervillain) attack against each player'. Does that just mean it's first appearance attack? If so, how come it does specify first appearance attack in the 'ongoing' text part of the card?

3. Again for corrupted companion, when this crisis first appears do you still then also turn over the top card of the supervillain stack? If so, would you then not be one crisis short in respect to the remaining crisis to supervillain ratios in their respective decks?

4. Me and my friend got super-villains united as our last crisis. Does that mean we would just put nekron into the lineup? Similarily would corrupted companion work the same in this sense by putting nekron in front of somebody and resolving his attack if he is the only remaining supervillain?

5. Super-villains united also states 'resolve each of it's attacks', does the plural refer to their first appearance attack as well as any ongoings?

6. For crisis nekron, when he states 'resolve its attack against himself' does that refer to the first appearance attack? Also for the supervillain you gained from nekron's effect, is it only you that takes the attack even if the attack states it would affect every player?

7. For super-villains unite and corrupted companion, do you leave nekron remaining before you pick a random supervillain or can nekron be included too?

8. When cards state 'any zone' does this just refer to hand/deck/discard pile? In this case would white lantern corps always return to it's owners discard pile no matter where it was destroyed?

Sorry for the large number of questions and if some/all are rather obvious. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Yamaguchi
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Stephens3012 wrote:

1. In crisis mode, if a player defeats a villain in the lineup after using aquamans trident do they get an opportunity to stack that villian to the top of their deck or would the villian still get destroyed?

2. I'm slightly confused about the wording of some of the cards, corrupted companion says in its first part 'resolve its (supervillain) attack against each player'. Does that just mean it's first appearance attack? If so, how come it does specify first appearance attack in the 'ongoing' text part of the card?

3. Again for corrupted companion, when this crisis first appears do you still then also turn over the top card of the supervillain stack? If so, would you then not be one crisis short in respect to the remaining crisis to supervillain ratios in their respective decks?

4. Me and my friend got super-villains united as our last crisis. Does that mean we would just put nekron into the lineup? Similarily would corrupted companion work the same in this sense by putting nekron in front of somebody and resolving his attack if he is the only remaining supervillain?

5. Super-villains united also states 'resolve each of it's attacks', does the plural refer to their first appearance attack as well as any ongoings?

6. For crisis nekron, when he states 'resolve its attack against himself' does that refer to the first appearance attack? Also for the supervillain you gained from nekron's effect, is it only you that takes the attack even if the attack states it would affect every player?

7. For super-villains unite and corrupted companion, do you leave nekron remaining before you pick a random supervillain or can nekron be included too?

8. When cards state 'any zone' does this just refer to hand/deck/discard pile? In this case would white lantern corps always return to it's owners discard pile no matter where it was destroyed?

1) No, the Crisis rule of removing the Super-Villain from the game supersedes all regular game effects.

2) It means First Appearance Attack. Attack was used as a shorthand to save on space.

3) When Corrupted Companion flips a Super-Villain not used this game is put in front of a player and stays out until that Super-Villain is defeated. The new Super-Villain is also flipped on the Super-Villain stack and can't be defeated until the Corrupted Companion crisis is completed. So, there will be two Super-Villains out for this one Crisis card.

4) Both Corrupted Companion and Super-Villains United get a Super-Villain from outside the game. You do not pull the Super-Villain from the Super-Villain stack. You use one of the ones not in the Stack. That's why this set comes with more Super-Villains than the others.

5) You resolve its First Appearance Attack if it has one and any regular Attacks it might have.

6) It is referring to the First Appearance Attack. Yes, as the text states, only YOU are effected by it.

7) See above. Nekron can't be included because he is already being used this game.

8) Any zone means anywhere. So, if you have purchased White Lantern Corps it will go to your discard pile no matter where you destroy it from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Goertz
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
NA NA NA NA . . .
mbmbmbmbmb
Edit: and I got reply sniped by Nathaniel... I leave this here just in case.

Let's see if I can knock some of these out.

1. Aquaman's Trident can only be used on cards that end up in your discard pile when bought or gained so it would not work on villains from the Line-Up.

2. It is referring to the First-Appearance Attack in this case. I do not know why they chose the language they did but it doesn't change much.

3 and 4. When a Crisis card asks for you to grab an "unused Super Villain", it is asking you to grab one of the Super-Villains that you are not playing with (i.e. you left out of the game when you did the initial setup). Crisis 2 comes with an increased Super-Villain count so you will always have at least 2 extra for Corrupted Companion and Super-Villains United. You do not take the top Super Villain from the stack for these two cards and would flip over the next Super Villain on the stack as you normally would once you have finished flipping and resolving the setup for the current Crisis card.

5. I never noticed that wording before. It should still only be referring to the First-Appearance Attack (unless it has a normal Attack as well for some reason).

6. For Crisis Nekron, each player will randomly take one of the defeated Super Villains and put it face up in front of them. Each person will resolve the First-Appearance Attack of the Super-Villain in front of his or her self and ignore the Super-Villains in front of other players. If a First-Appearance Attack has you discard or pass cards, you act as if everyone else has defended and put cards in your hard or discard pile. Same for if the attack asks for players to compare cards or costs in their hand to receive a penalty.

7. As explained in my response to 3 and 4, since Crisis Nekron is on the bottom of the stack, he will not be used with Corrupted Companion or Super-Villains United since they pull from the Super Villains not used in the game instead of the stack.

8. The zones have been expanded in recent releases but if you are only playing with Heroes Unite, the Base Set and the first 2 Crisis expansions then these 3 zones cover you.

I hope that helped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Stephen
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thank you so much for taking the time to answer these questions, it has cleared up a lot for me.

Just one last query regarding 5) You say "any regular attacks it may have", is there other impossible supervillains that have additional attacks as well as their first appearance attack? Just I can't see any from crisis 1 or 2.

Edit: And in return you sniped me Ben =) thank you also for clearing up 5) for me in your reply and answering my questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.