Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! This is probably as close as we'll get to a Horror on the Orient Express scenario so I'll take it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Immortal
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
Annowme wrote:

I never knew why shadow left my party in some playthrough before the train chapter, anyone knows?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can only imagine what the end of scenario decision will be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Dockery
msg tools
mb
I want that Permanent so bad right now. Stand Together looks pretty nice, too, though I kind of feel like I'll be spending my xp on other things before I ever get around to it.

"I'm Outta Here," meanwhile, seems pretty situational. Panic buttons are all well and good, I suppose, but Rogues have enough disengagement that they can probably get to the Resign location easily enough, if it comes to that. I'd much rather draw Elusive and just teleport to the exit (or an adjacent location, if necessary), since that card's more versatile. Maybe it'll have an upgrade that's more worthwhile (I'd pay experience for a Fast version, for instance).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elijah
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
You think that's air you're breathing?
badge
We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant That We Should voyage far.
mbmbmbmbmb
dboeren wrote:
Awesome! This is probably as close as we'll get to a Horror on the Orient Express scenario so I'll take it

+1!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Dawley
United States
Delmar
New York
flag msg tools
I wish I could play more games.
badge
Collecting games is not playing games.
mbmbmbmbmb
As a railroad worker I approve this message!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Webster
United Kingdom
Leeds
Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IMCarnochan wrote:
As a railroad worker I approve this message!

Railroad worker judgement?

Approved!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Dockery
msg tools
mb
nightwishpower wrote:
I never knew why shadow left my party in some playthrough before the train chapter, anyone knows?

OT, but Shadow leaving is a random event. You can take him as far as the waterfall, if you're lucky.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Evans
United States
stroudsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if there will be 18 expansions by the time I get the core...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sérgio Alves
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,

just wanted to let this geeklist link here for those that want a centralized news archive/listing.

I so want this game meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Shudde M'ell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally! Eldritch Horror is a great game, but I've been feeling totally lied to...

http://boardgameprices.us/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Eldritc...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dudeman Blarg
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
hmm... a multiplayer only card so soon? Instant bike spokes for solo players... >_>

Charisma looks good. More cannon fodder haha

And the theme of this AP is awesome, can't wait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shows what an amazing thematic campaign this game can support.

Roaming Arkham, exploring Miskatonic University or the the notorious Clover Club, searching the Miskatonic Museum for a copy of the Necronomicon, or riding a dangerous train toward the unknown.

With such a broad narrative system, anything could be next!

I love this game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Dockery
msg tools
mb
soullos wrote:
hmm... a multiplayer only card so soon? Instant bike spokes for solo players... >_>

Spending one action and one card to gain two resources and two cards is actually a pretty good deal by itself; getting another investigator to benefit as well makes it really good.

(My earlier comment about spending xp on other things shouldn't be taken as a dismissal of the card altogether. It's just that, if I have 6 xp, I'm more likely to buy, say, Charisma and two leveled-up Beat Cops than two copies of Stand Together. That's just a first impression!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dudeman Blarg
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
rsdockery wrote:
soullos wrote:

Spending one action and one card to gain two resources and two cards is actually a pretty good deal by itself; getting another investigator to benefit as well makes it really good.

(My earlier comment about spending xp on other things shouldn't be taken as a dismissal of the card altogether. It's just that, if I have 6 xp, I'm more likely to buy, say, Charisma and two leveled-up Beat Cops than two copies of Stand Together. That's just a first impression!)

You can play it on yourself in true solo? Maybe I read the card wrong, but I thought it only works if there is you and one other investigator.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rsdockery wrote:
"I'm Outta Here," meanwhile, seems pretty situational. Panic buttons are all well and good, I suppose, but Rogues have enough disengagement that they can probably get to the Resign location easily enough, if it comes to that. I'd much rather draw Elusive and just teleport to the exit (or an adjacent location, if necessary), since that card's more versatile. Maybe it'll have an upgrade that's more worthwhile (I'd pay experience for a Fast version, for instance).

I think the purpose of "I'm Outta Here" is to avoid negative Resign effects on the Scenario cards. I imagine some the scenario cards (haven't played the game, so this is a guess) will say things like "Resign: Every investigator takes 2 mental trauma" or something like that. "I'm Outta Here" lets you resign without any adverse effects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IronSyndicate wrote:
I think the purpose of "I'm Outta Here" is to avoid negative Resign effects on the Scenario cards. I imagine some the scenario cards (haven't played the game, so this is a guess) will say things like "Resign: Every investigator takes 2 mental trauma" or something like that. "I'm Outta Here" lets you resign without any adverse effects.

There are definitely times you'll have a lot of success but see the inevitable approach of doom and want to resign but be too far away from the location needed to escape. I think the purpose of this card is to allow you to perform that action rather than have to fight your way to the exit. Many times I wish I had such a card!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For those concerned with replay ability...

"Your adventures on the Essex County Express feature a randomized set of locations that greatly enhance the scenario's replayability, meaning this nightmarish ride is one you'll want to take again and again and again!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Rayburn
United States
Gulfport
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
soullos wrote:
rsdockery wrote:
soullos wrote:

You can play it on yourself in true solo? Maybe I read the card wrong, but I thought it only works if there is you and one other investigator.

I read it as requiring at least two characters. It does say 'one other Investigator'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
soullos wrote:
rsdockery wrote:
soullos wrote:

Rules Reference, page 20 wrote:
Target
The term “choose” indicates that one or more targets must be chosen in order for an ability to resolve. The player resolving the ability must choose a game element (usually a card) that meets the targeting requirements of the ability.
= If an ability requires the choosing of a target, and there is no valid target (or not enough valid targets), the ability cannot be initiated."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathon Neff
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There was a multiplayer only card spoiled for the first deluxe as well. Teamwork, which lets all investigators at a location trade assets and resources. It appears the guardians are going to excel at multiplayer games for a while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, the exit from the horrible cave of monsters where I can Resign is way over there and it's guarded by a pack of ghouls and a shoggoth who will kill me if I try to go that way.

Oh yeah, I know! I'll just play this card instead.

Will it be great in every situation? No. But sometimes it's going to be a huge help (at least for one player).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Dockery
msg tools
mb
IronSyndicate wrote:

I hadn't thought of that. I doubt we'll see anything quite that nasty (unless the scenario cards are really unpleasant), but there might be some scenarios where you get an extra weakness or something. Say, this scenario's Act card might have "Resign: You throw yourself out the window in a desperate attempt to escape. Add a random Injury weakness to your deck."

(And, yes, I'm aware of the "panic button" uses for it; my point was that I think Rogues are slippery enough that the deck space is better used on other escape plans. This would be really good as a Mystic or Seeker card, though I can see how it's more in-theme for Rogues.)

SirRoke wrote:
soullos wrote:
rsdockery wrote:
soullos wrote:

Rules Reference, page 20 wrote:
Target
The term “choose” indicates that one or more targets must be chosen in order for an ability to resolve. e player resolving the ability must choose a game element (usually a card) that meets the targeting requirements of the ability.
= If an ability requires the choosing of a target, and there is no valid target (or not enough valid targets), the ability cannot be initiated."

I stand corrected. It is indeed useless if you are the only investigator in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.