Popular Tags: [View All]
Ferdinand Köther
Germany
Bochum
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just preparing to play this game, I was baffled a bit by that Export chart just above the production space.

I see from the aid cards, that the left column is just a repeat of the import prices ... and wonder why? Just like that, no purpose ... strange.

All import prices are shown under (11. Imports), why are they repeated here?
Confusing.

Am I right, or is there something I don't see?

Also somewhat confusing, or at least you need to get used to it, there's the same notation if you win VP/money and if you lose/pay it - would have been easy to add "-" for paying like on the penalty tiles.

Anyway, looking forward to playing it soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferdinand Köther
Germany
Bochum
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Guess I might have found the clue - probably it's supposed to be that "price table" of 4.6 Domestic Industry!?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hazlewood
United Kingdom
Bromsgrove
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fair point. The left hand column shows what you'll be spending to purchase goods. The other two show exporting to the market and black market.

I agree that a + or - would be helpful at the start but after a couple of rounds you'll know when you're spending or receiving VPs. Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferdinand Köther
Germany
Bochum
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks your reply, Peter, and confirmation!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
visit us on www.muwins.ch
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sneakypete21 wrote:
Fair point. The left hand column shows what you'll be spending to purchase goods. The other two show exporting to the market and black market.

I agree that a + or - would be helpful at the start but after a couple of rounds you'll know when you're spending or receiving VPs. Enjoy!

Actually, that is what the arrows show. You may change X points and Y money into goods (buying them), and change goods into X points and/or Y money (selling).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferdinand Köther
Germany
Bochum
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Benji68 wrote:
sneakypete21 wrote:

Actually, that is what the arrows show. You may change X points and Y money into goods (buying them), and change goods into X points and/or Y money (selling).

That's not quite correct. If you buy on the Domestic Market, you don't pay VPs.
Still, thanks, I got it now - after all it's most confusing at this point (as long as you don't know that it's just for the sake of confusing you )
The import prices are shown on the import section, and for domestic market you don't pay any VP.
Some halfhearted design flaw, no good for anything but causing confusion, sorry to repeat myself.

It could have been easy, not showing VPs, and saying under Domestic Markets "prices as shown on the left column of the Export/Black Market chart", or the like - or, even better, just having this column (w/o VPs) next to the Domestic Market (that's where it belongs). Domestic Market prices are separate from Import/Export/Black Market prices, as the name itself says.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.