Doug Poskitt
Wales
Cwmavon
West Glamorgan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everybody,

Today I received an order I made via an online store here in the UK.

Amongst the items were 6 packs of MayDay 57.5mm x 89mm Premium Card Sleeves. A total of 300 sleeves in all.

Has anybody else had an expeerience similar to mine? Of the 6 packs, only 1 pack (50 sleeves out of 300) actually allowed the sleeving of cards for which they are designed.

At first, I thought maybe the game cards may have been wrongly printed (size-wise) as all my previous orders of these 57.5 x 89mm card sleeves had fitted perfectly.

However, when I measured this batch against previously purchased 57.5mm x 89mm card sleeves from MayDay, there is an obviously difference in width. 5 packs of these sleeves simply did not allow the game cards to fit into them.

I am wondering ... is this just an ocassional hickup that one might expect when purchasing card sleeves, or does this sort of thing happen often?

Needless to say, I am very disappointed with my purchase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Vaughan
flag msg tools
I've personally never had a problem with Mayday sleeves, but this issue has been brought up a lot, unfortunately. From previous threads it does appear that Mayday will replace defective sleeves, so I'd get in contact with them and hopefully they'll help you out

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reuben
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This happens often with MayDay and occasionally with other brands. Less frequently with FFG sleeves. Just send them back for new ones. You obviously don't have to be stuck with faulty items!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Averett
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
uh...whose turn is it?
badge
I spent 100gg for this?!?!
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a bunch of geeklists/forum entries discussing Mayday's sleeves. Variable sized sleeves not fitting is a major topic. I have had a large percentage of their sleeves be too small. Their poor reputation used to precede them.
I can't speak for the recent (last several years) quality of their sleeves as I quit purchasing their products quite a while ago. It's sad to hear that it is still a problem, or a renewed problem anyway.

Good luck and I feel for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.