6 Posts

Dominion (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rule clarification on revealing from the discard pile. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaun Abbas
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi everyone. I'm new to dominion and deckbuilders in general. I had a question about how to play diplomat as a reaction. Me and my friend have a disagreement about how it can be used. The manual and the wiki says:

Quote:
Before the Attack card does anything, you can reveal a Diplomat from your hand; if you do, you draw 2 cards, then discard 3 cards (which can include the Diplomat). If you still have at least 5 cards in hand after doing that (such as due to Council Rooms), you can reveal Diplomat again and do it again.

So lets say you reveal the diplomat, draw 2 and then end up discarding the diplomat as one of the three. Now if you still have atleast 5 cards in hand somehow, can you use the reaction of the diplomat again? Even if you had discarded it?
I don't think thats what the rulebook meant but it isn't explicitly stated. I assume revealing a card can only be done from your hand and not from the discard pile. Does anyone have any rule citation that explicitly stops you from doing that?

P.S. I am X-Posting this from reddit. Let me know if i broke any rules/etiquette for posting. This is my first time posting here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, reveal needs to come from your hand in this case I believe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt E
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Diplomat itself states that you reveal it from a hand of 5 or more cards. You may not use its reaction from the discard pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Prescott
England
Wigan
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
[/q]P.S. I am X-Posting this from reddit. Let me know if i broke any rules/etiquette for posting. This is my first time posting here. [/q]

No rules/etiquette broken.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaun Abbas
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you for the clarification and help everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten Robinson
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
aaunabbas wrote:
Thank you for the clarification and help everyone!

Good gaming with Dominion ...it's addictive ...as you may well find
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.