Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gerry Baygents
United States
Gladstone
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say the value is rail cards minus locomotive but doesn't specifically say the value can't be negative. However, in one of playthrough vids, it's mentioned that the value can never be less than zero.

And while I have your attention, the expert rules say to combine the city and locomotive cards. When setting up the Trick Lane, these mixed cards still go in the same city or locomotive spots, yes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't gotten my 2nd edition copy yet, but the draft "EN_Final" rules posted on BGG include this:

"Each company's share value is the company's profit minus the cost of the company's locomotive. [...] If the result is negative, the share value is zero."

Is the last sentence missing from the rules in the published version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Baygents
United States
Gladstone
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, that sentence is not there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh dear, this is starting to look like another games project where insufficient attention is paid to QA. Disappointing, but hardly unexpected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
www.therulesforge.com
badge
Get your slimy, webbed phalanges off ma boots!
mbmbmbmbmb
I can confirm that the line Eric mentioned was intended to be in the rulebook. The share value for any railway can never be less than zero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.