Dead of Winter: The Long Night» Forums » General

Subject: 2 Player Varient rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Walmsley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On the original Dead of Winter I'd heard that the best way to play this 2 player was to play hardcore scenario, each play gets 3 survivors, 7 starter cards, a secret objective card and a betrayer card (for the 'Prisoners Dilemma' variant). This is all fine, although I've heard it can be very hard.

Now I have The Long Night and want to add both the Bandits and Improvements module to the game but I'm wondering if doing so will shift the game difficulty too far with the bandits drawing extra zombies etc. Can anyone who plays this 2 player offer any advice from what they've experienced?

p.s. I'm not interested in Raxxon, looks way too imbalanced and fidgety.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I play by the official 2-player rules and have added Bandits and Improvement options without any noticeable changes in difficulty. The only grey area is whether to replace Improvement items once 'bought'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walmsley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Achtung_Panzer10 wrote:
I play by the official 2-player rules and have added Bandits and Improvement options without any noticeable changes in difficulty. The only greya rea is whether to replace Improvement items once 'bought'.

Out of interest do you start with 3 survivors and 7 starter cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tigerwalms wrote:
Achtung_Panzer10 wrote:
I play by the official 2-player rules and have added Bandits and Improvement options without any noticeable changes in difficulty. The only greya rea is whether to replace Improvement items once 'bought'.

Out of interest do you start with 3 survivors and 7 starter cards?

Yes we do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.