Cthulhu Wars» Forums » General

Subject: Onslaught 2... has it shipped... if not when? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mateo jurasic
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
I'm losing track of my kick starters... what about this one?
Mateooo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Ipswich
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I remember correctly, a recent update stated that we should be receiving our OS2 shipments in the first quarter of 2017. It was mentioned that the shipping will commence well before Chinese New Year so as not to be delayed by the holidays over there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Morris
Canada
Kelowna
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, best guess is February at this point. Maybe some might get theirs by the end of January.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lubomirvaic wrote:
Yeah, best guess is February at this point. Maybe some might get theirs by the end of January.
Source? Update from October 1 gives December as shipping date, there were also some official comments on the KS page saying we'll receive it sometime between December and February, January being most likely.
I know that's only a month difference and I'm all for not unduly raising expectations, but this is the first time that I've heard February as anything other than "you'll have it by then"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starks
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shipping might mean the stuff being loaded into shipping containers. Those typically spent a couple weeks or so in transit, then 1 or 2 weeks waiting at ports, and then another 1 or 2 weeks being sent out from warehouses, and then another week or so to actually reach your home. So if 'shipping' is in mid December, then you're looking at something like late January / early February for actually receiving everything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ze Masqued Cucumber
France
flag msg tools
Protze et Chniaque !
badge
C'est le Gomazio à crête mordorée, dont le cri annonce le soir...
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Onslaught 2... has it shipped...

No.
Quote:
if not when?

At a yet-undefined date, sometime in the future. This is Petersen Games .
Just relax.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bowie
United Kingdom
Crewe
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mb
It'll depart from China in December. Some lucky people may receive in December, but it's likely January/February. (Shipping is sloooow.) Hope the UK shipment is nice and quick!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ze Masqued Cucumber
France
flag msg tools
Protze et Chniaque !
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
C3Gaming wrote:
It'll depart from China in December.

I won't be so definitive about this, until I'll see an official PG update saying that the container ship has actually set sail (so to speak).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lincoln Petersen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you live in China you'll receive it in December most likely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bowie
United Kingdom
Crewe
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mb
Roolz wrote:
I won't be so definitive about this, until I'll see an official PG update saying that the container ship has actually set sail (so to speak).

Context would imply that I wasn't being definitive, as I am not omniscient and capable of predicting future events with absolute certainty. (If only...)

Perhaps I am being optimistic, but in a thread with someone asking "when is it due?", I would say "December", because that is the estimation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ze Masqued Cucumber
France
flag msg tools
Protze et Chniaque !
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No harm intended .
Having backed the 1st CW KS, I now tend to adopt a cautious attidude regarding shipping estimations. More like "it will arrive sometime, somehow, and I'm cool with that".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bowie
United Kingdom
Crewe
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mb
Good good! Sorry if I came off a bit harsh; I see a lot of nitpicking on BGG regards definitive statements. It's a opinion-based forum, so rarely are there definitive statements... Bit of a pet peeve.

Fair rationale regards Kickstarter in general! It's good to remember anything can get delayed anytime. And it's worth it to get a quality product - a different KS I backed is delivering now that kinda rushed production... and they're having to replace boxes due to miscommunications on shipping packaging. Not good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Blozinski
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Arthur has publicly stated that they will not do future Kickstarters now until they are near the ability to launch. That is the correct decision. Sandy is a heck of a nice guy and a great game designer. Managing this portion of the business has not been his forte.

Based on a variety of scattered statements from them on this forum, in my opinion we won't see any deliveries to our doorstep this year. January is iffy. February is the first month you should show cautious optimism for.

I signed up for this as a late backer because the Kickstarter had ended. I misinterpreted extensive chatter of people receiving their kickstarter stuff as meaning the ended Kickstarter was shipping product. Unfortunately is was from OS1 backers talking on the OS2 forum about having finally received their OS1 stuff. That was a bit of a bummer. I ended up building two other games to run at conventions. Next year.

As least we're not like the folks waiting on Star Citizen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lincoln Petersen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It should be noted we never lie about shipping. We say what the factory/shipper tells us. Then it gets delayed in port, or customs. Then the shipper took on 3 extra clients that day etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
mbmbmbmbmb
Not before Christmas soblue

BUT, shouldn't be much longer after that - Jan. - Feb. for nearly all backers, is still my current estimate. The reason I've been able to keep this estimate for so long and still feel confident is that they'll ship out before CNY for sure - this was such a big deal that I even flew out for just 2 days to the factory's owners' home several weeks ago to ensure this. As you can imagine it matters an enormous deal to get this stuff to you ASAP and the fact that we aren't getting it by Christmas is a problem, so having CNY delay it would be just terrible, and it won't happen. Hooray! (This also means we can be more comfortable launching Planet Apocalypse earlier, as soon as it is ready as a project, plus after O2 arrives).

My Christmas present to me this year (since my wife shot down my next audiophile speaker system purchase), is simply seeing the O2 product on the water, or being loaded (or something like that), during the Christmas season.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Lovejay
Canada
West of Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Yus haz won eet!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the update guys. I know it's frustrating for you and us to see delay after delay.

I for one am very glad that you remain clear and communicate the updates as soon as feasible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ze Masqued Cucumber
France
flag msg tools
Protze et Chniaque !
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
linkthestink wrote:
We say what the factory/shipper tells us. Then it gets delayed in port, or customs. Then the shipper took on 3 extra clients that day etc.

Hence my cautious attitude
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Carroll
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Wow. Just wow. I need replacement sheets for my copy of CW, and was told the Kickstarter campaign was the only option to obtain them from Petersen Games. That was more than a year ago. First time using Kickstarter, and will most definitely be the last....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Andersson
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
JCarroll wrote:
Wow. Just wow. I need replacement sheets for my copy of CW, and was told the Kickstarter campaign was the only option to obtain them from Petersen Games. That was more than a year ago. First time using Kickstarter, and will most definitely be the last....

Kickstarter is for the patient. You're generally putting money up front to fund production first, not to immediately purchase a product.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Carroll
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Yes, which is why, prior to this experience, I have chosen not to participate in any KS campaigns. In this particular case, one of the faction sheets was mangled by a Staples employee during lamination. That was approximately July 2015. I was told KS was my only option to acquire a new faction sheet...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll send you whichever one you need if you'd like to pay the postage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lincoln Petersen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JCarroll wrote:

Did you email support@petersengames.com? They will send you a faction sheet no problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
mbmbmbmbmb
JCarroll wrote:
Yes, which is why, prior to this experience, I have chosen not to participate in any KS campaigns. In this particular case, one of the faction sheets was mangled by a Staples employee during lamination. That was approximately July 2015. I was told KS was my only option to acquire a new faction sheet...

Link already answered this, but I'd like to clarify further:

We have a policy of sending out replacements, free, for damaged items. This is somewhat well known about us (at least here on BGG, or so I thought). We mailed out literally hundreds of boxes of replacements for the core game throughout 2015 - including faction sheets. I apologize you got faulty info - we would have easily sent out a replacement faction card for you.

Theoretically, this is for things that were damaged before getting to you, but we've certainly helped out folks on occasion who accidentally had them broken, such as your mishap at Staples.

One time a guy emailed me that his son swallowed a power marker (fortunately, the kid was big enough that he swallowed it, rather than choked!) The hilarious part was the guy just wanted a replacement one. I wanted to email his wife to tell her to tell him he just had to fish it out, but I didn't have her contact info. So, we sent him a new one. (I guess I could've told him myself, but he made me laugh hard enough).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Carroll
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
That is too bad, I could have had replacement sheets long ago... for the record, here is a cut/paste of the response from support@petersengames.com

Hello James,

We are going to be making better ones for our kickstarter Onslaught 2 in September and they will be a very cheap add on. So keep yourself updated via our social media or newsletter!

On Sun, Aug 23, 2015 at 4:00 PM, Petersen Games Support <james.carroll71@gmail.com> wrote:
Name
James Carroll
Email
james.carroll71@gmail.com
Subject
Replacement sheets

In an attempt to make the player sheets and the ritual/doom tracks more durable, I took all of these items to my local Staples for lamination. Unfortunately, they mulched the Black Goat player board, and overlapped the 4 player and 3 player ritual track. Can you let me know if it is possible to obtain replacements (and any details regarding cost, etc)? Thanks!

James Carroll

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lincoln Petersen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He's talking about the cardstock updated faction cards we'll be selling on our store when we get them from Onslaught 2. However if you just want the old un-updated ones we can get those sent out to you on Monday. Just send another email saying that and drop my name in the conversation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.