Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Goulette
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wondering what experiences people have had with 3 player Cuba Libre.

Do you prefer using a bot for the fourth player?
If so, which faction?
If not, do you have one person play two factions and they take their lowest score of the two factions?
Other option?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wamba the Fool
United States
flag msg tools
Cabalist 'til death!
badge
Cabalist 'til death!
mbmbmbmbmb
We use one bot, usually just whichever faction is left over that folks didn't want to play. GovBot usually gets stomped on (depending on cards) but MobBot plays the long con and can be hard to get a lid back on if you have ignored him for the early game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Pymont
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played 3-player using the No Non-Player Option (shaded section under 1.5 in the rulebook). I was teaching the game to two players so I played as the Government & Syndicate, they took one of the remaining factions each. It worked very well. Note that as well as using your lower victory margin in final scoring, you also can only win on a Propaganda victory check if both factions are at victory. This is quite challenging with this pairing where the Government are strong early and the Syndicate generally late in the game.

I suspect from the experience that the other option suggested there, where one player controls both 26 July & Directorio, will also work well.

The main alternative I can see is to use one bot, for this I would go with the Syndicate as non-player I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goulette
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NormandyWept wrote:
I've played 3-player using the No Non-Player Option (shaded section under 1.5 in the rulebook). I was teaching the game to two players so I played as the Government & Syndicate, they took one of the remaining factions each. It worked very well. Note that as well as using your lower victory margin in final scoring, you also can only win on a Propaganda victory check if both factions are at victory. This is quite challenging with this pairing where the Government are strong early and the Syndicate generally late in the game.

I suspect from the experience that the other option suggested there, where one player controls both 26 July & Directorio, will also work well.

The main alternative I can see is to use one bot, for this I would go with the Syndicate as non-player I think.

I think I prefer the no non-player option. I am just generally dissatisfied with the bots despite the fact that I love COIN in general.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.