$30.00
Kenneth Lury
United States
Blowing rock
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not gotten back to the game for many weeks and I could not leave it up.
Now trying to set up Scenario 18.1 and running into problems.

1.British reinforcement
A/24 L Sherman Tank Squadron - could not find these on reinforcement card so put them in the spots for B/24 L--no big deal

2. German Reinforcements
9/26 and 11/26 Panzergrenadier Companies for 5 points per company; the infantry company enters as 3 breakdown platoons (six units per company)

I find the breakdown platoons, but cannot find 6 of either 9/26 or 11/26, unless I use six breakdown platoons for the two infantry (maybe confused by the wording"the infantry company"-singular

I find the place for the breakdown platoons on the reinforcement table, but do not find places for the other 9/26 and 11/26 units.

Any help appreciated. Wish I could leave the game up and give it the time it deserves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Felsher
United States
Rancho Palos Verdes
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You just use 3 generic breakdown platoons to replace each infantry company. Should be 6 TOTAL breakdown platoons (not 6 per company).

You are correct about the Shermans.

This is a really fun scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Felsher
United States
Rancho Palos Verdes
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Also, don't forget that the 9/26 and 11/26 infantry companies have attached machine guns, etc...so you should end up with 12 total units for the 2 companies. Each will have 3 breakdown platoons, and 3 attached MG's,(I forget what the other two units are- mortar and something else, maybe an IG?) for a total of 6 units per company.

I really hope that clears things up rather than confuse...I set up my counter tray just like Mark did in the file section and it makes it a lot easier to set up the game quickly. I had the same confusion as you when I first started playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Lury
United States
Blowing rock
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mokszycki
United States
Snohomish
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad that you were able to sort it out with Bryan's help. The OB section in the Reference Book may help make sense of some things--especially regarding which specific units make up a company or a battalion. As Bryan rightly pointed out, a German infantry company is normally four units (the infantry component itself, the HMGs, the half-tracks, and the Stummel SP guns). By the time you replace the infantry component with its three breakdown platoons, you're at six unit counters per company.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.