Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Wittmer
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm confused with the example in section 8.3.5.1. It says that PP transferred from Germany to Austria-Hungry can be used in the same turn because Austria-Hungry hasn't taken their production phase yet. But section 8.3.1 says the faction with the least PP does their production spending first. Germany has more starting PP, so it seems that Austria-Hungry has already its production phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Uhlmann
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
The example is referring to the same game turn, in which each of the four factions will perform their individual turns (including movement, combat, production): Germany, Western Allies, Eastern Allies/USA, Central Allies (which includes Austria-Hungary).

If Germany transfers PP to Austria-Hungary and finishes the rest of its turn, then the Western Allies will go and then the Eastern Allies.

During the production phase of the Central Allies turn, those PP transferred will be available for Austria-Hungary, which will be the same game turn (e.g. Spring 1916) because the Central Allies faction moves last in each game turn.

Let's say Britain wants to transfer four PP to France. France and Britain are both part of the Western Allies faction and as 8.3.1 says, France will complete its production spending before Britain (least to most). So if Britain transfers those PP to France, they will not be available to France until the following Western Allies production phase the next turn since France has already done its production spending.

As long as you complete the production steps and nation spending in order, it will always work out. The net effect is that nations within the same faction will not be able to transfer to one another and have that transfer immediately available during that same production phase.

I hope that helps to clarify. If you have further questions, let me know.

Kirk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Wittmer
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Torr wrote:
The example is referring to the same game turn, in which each of the four factions will perform their individual turns (including movement, combat, production): Germany, Western Allies, Eastern Allies/USA, Central Allies (which includes Austria-Hungary).

If Germany transfers PP to Austria-Hungary and finishes the rest of its turn, then the Western Allies will go and then the Eastern Allies.

During the production phase of the Central Allies turn, those PP transferred will be available for Austria-Hungary, which will be the same game turn (e.g. Spring 1916) because the Central Allies faction moves last in each game turn.

Let's say Britain wants to transfer four PP to France. France and Britain are both part of the Western Allies faction and as 8.3.1 says, France will complete its production spending before Britain (least to most). So if Britain transfers those PP to France, they will not be available to France until the following Western Allies production phase the next turn since France has already done its production spending.

As long as you complete the production steps and nation spending in order, it will always work out. The net effect is that nations within the same faction will not be able to transfer to one another and have that transfer immediately available during that same production phase.

I hope that helps to clarify. If you have further questions, let me know.

Kirk

Got it. I was not reading it right. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.