Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Vranes
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Title says it all.

I backed the KS for this - this is definitely in my daughter's wheelhouse for games. Loves Zelda/Link and the look/feel/size of this looks like a good fit.

She got really, really excited for it and, with the small size, said she wanted her very own copy to bring to school to play with her friends. So, like every father with a youngest daughter who wants a game would do...I backed the double...

...even though it's ten months (or so) out.

Which got me to thinking about the Tiny Epic series as a whole.

What may be a good fit for something to address the here-and-now? Seems intriguing, and if she and her friends at school are interested, I'd want to jump on this ASAP rather than just wait for the KS to arrive.

Any thoughts/opinions are greatly appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tiny Epic Galaxies is great, my 10 year old niece and wife like it a lot, and I enjoy it too.

Tiny Epic Kingdoms is fair. I haven't played the other tiny epic games.

For other good portable games that your daughter might like, I would suggest:
Star realms
Hive
Hanabi
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew McKinney
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of the other four TE games, I'd recommend Tiny Epic Defenders. In it, you play heroes defending a fantasy world from monsters. Certain stronger monsters that will appear (sort of the mid-bosses of the game), if defended, provide useful (one-time-use) items. And then there's the big boss you fight at the end. While it doesn't particularly feel Zelda-esque (I'm a big fan of Zelda myself), it's the TE game with the most in common with that franchise (as I've tried to show here). The artwork is not as bright and cheerful as TEQ, but it's still got a nice fantasy vibe, and I think it would appeal more to an 11-year-old.

TED, however, has had the most negative reviews of the series, so take that into account. I own it and enjoy it, but I'd say research it yourself before investing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Allen
United States
White Settlement
Texas
flag msg tools
www.bobweekend.com
mbmbmbmbmb
2nd TED, being a coop games makes it much more accessible for younger folks. Their dad, older brother, etc... are always picking on me. Not with TED, work together, figure out best characters placement, balance between taking a hit and letting the area take the hit.

Start with the easiest mode first then make it tougher after you get a handle of the mechanics of the game.

Bob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. UDO
United States
Chandler
AZ
flag msg tools
designer
[This space intentionally left blank]
mbmbmbmbmb
My 11-year-old daughter liked TED pretty well. She appreciated that there were female roles. She also likes Dungeon Roll, again because of the great variety in female roles that she can choose from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.