Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
stk mx
United States
Elburn
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Understanding that a character can not be forced through a door, then the character would need to stop on the door tile when being the target of a push affect during combat as an example. At this point, does the door automatically open revealing the adjacent room? Or do doors only open when a character willing enters a door tile? This question assumes the door has no special requirements to opening it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Ackland
msg tools
I imagine you can't be pushed on to the door tile at all. It basically functions as a wall until you voluntarily open it or it is opened by some other event.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
A door is a wall until a player willingly enters the hex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Pettifer
England
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are pushed onto a door hex and then in your turn want to open it can you do so before moving or do you have to move out and then back in again?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Price
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
PhilP wrote:
If you are pushed onto a door hex and then in your turn want to open it can you do so before moving or do you have to move out and then back in again?

Cephalofair wrote:

You can't go into the door hex until you willingly enter it. Being pushed into a closed door is like being pushed into a wall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Pettifer
England
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, but seems strange that you have to leave the hex and enter again. Strictly rules as written it does seem to be the way though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Sundown
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You can't leave the hex because you haven't even entered it. The hex is considered a wall while being pushed, meaning your movement stops right next to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Kansas City
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
On a similar vein, can you jump or fly onto a door hex to open it willingly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Karrde
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thrtyto wrote:

Cephalofair wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Alexandre
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thrtyto wrote:

Fly or jump allows you to go other obstacles and monsters, but is basically a classic movement besides that. So yes, flying or jumping through a door will open it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Kansas City
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks Thagor, it's what I thought, but I could see that jumping over a pit and landing on a door space being something that may have been prohibited, but this way is much simpler!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Micah TerHaar
msg tools
What if I have movement remaining after jumping onto a closed door? Can I continue moving into the new room? If so, is the remainder of the move also a jump?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Alexandre
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MicahSpikah wrote:
What if I have movement remaining after jumping onto a closed door? Can I continue moving into the new room? If so, is the remainder of the move also a jump?

Yes. Again, a jump and a fly just mean you can go over obstacles and monsters, but beside that it's just a normal move. And you can open the door, reveal the new room (new monsters standees, maybe new scenario part to read, etc.), and then end your move and turn. You can go into the room or go away if you just needed to open the door, but not take the risk of taking an attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.