Popular Tags: [View All]
Andreas Becker
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As it turns out, we played this wrong, forgetting to increase the lava speed after it passed each repair pad. But even without that, it felt impossible! Getting the bomb in the right space to go over each repair pad was incredibly tough, especially once you had it against the wall. I assume we did it right: If it's against the wall, the only way you can get it away from the wall is via a tow? And that requires you to be on the correct side of the bomb, facing the right direction, and ready to have two movement?

Seems kind of nuts to me. The other missions have all been doable, even where they were sometimes difficult.

Any suggestions? Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't have to be directly behind you to tow, you can tow when along beside something, too. It falls in line behind you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Nash
United States
Manor
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:
It doesn't have to be directly behind you to tow, you can tow when along beside something, too. It falls in line behind you.

To be clear, let's say mech and towed object both face ^^
If the mech is on the left and has two movement and moves to the left, do they stay adjacent to each other or does the towed object still get positioned behind the mech?

Put differently, can you tow sideways?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In your example, the bomb would end up behind the mech. If oil slicks aren't involved, then a towed object will always enter the space that your mech just left.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Nash
United States
Manor
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:
In your example, the bomb would end up behind the mech. If oil slicks aren't involved, then a towed object will always enter the space that your mech just left.

Sorry, still confused. If the towed object always takes the place of the moved mech, then in my example the towed object would remain adjacent to the mech, both still facing ^^.

Correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps I misunderstood your question.

If you are towing another mech with a Speed command and both mechs are side by side and facing the same direction, then the towing mech would move forward one space and the towed mech would end up right behind it (still facing the same direction).

So you don't have to be in front of an object to tow it, you can also be beside it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, if you use Omnistomp to tow to the left or right, the towed mech/bomb will end up on your right/left, where you started.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Nash
United States
Manor
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, I see the confusion. I'm referring to command cards that allow for horizontal movement.

Edit: Thanks runtsta and Chris! This confirms what I thought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Becker
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:
Perhaps I misunderstood your question.

If you are towing another mech with a Speed command and both mechs are side by side and facing the same direction, then the towing mech would move forward one space and the towed mech would end up right behind it (still facing the same direction).

So you don't have to be in front of an object to tow it, you can also be beside it.

Ah, so we had that wrong! Very interesting! So basically if you're behind the bomb or a mech, you can simply push it, but if you're beside or in front of it, you can spend the extra movement for each space to tow it. So if X were the towing mech:

XY

X would move forward one space, and Y would take X's prior space?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Tiras
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Correct!

Previous state:

XY

movement happens with towing!

Resulting state:

X
Y

Also is your name repping both USC and Michigan? That's an...interesting combination!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.