BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Looking for a 28MM Superhero rules set rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel B
msg tools
mbmb
Hi.
So I am loooking for a 28MM superhero skirmish game. I have seen Batman miniatures, but it looks like it will get expensive very quickly. So then I thought I could use a ruleset and use some other figures to create my own heroes and villains.

I have only found Supersystem 4E, but there is little (or no) video out there of people using it. So did this system pass people by? A couple of questions then, if you don't mind helping a guy out...

1. What system would people suggest that I should consider?

2. Should I stop moaning and look at Batman Miniatures again? Or is there a better game out there?

Thanks for any advise you can give.
Daniel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have not used them with superheros (yet, may be on Wednesday) but Pulp Alley are not bad.

Of course you could use the savage worlds RPG (as it is practically a set of skirmish rules anyway).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Arias
United States
Sanford
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's also the venerable HeroClix system (and the minis are cheaper).

Depends on how light/heavy of rules you want, how you want powers and stats modeled, what figures you're after, and if you want stats for the supers made for you or have to do your own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
There is Power Legion which is the super hero version of Song of Blades and Heroes. I haven't played the super hero version, but the fantasy version is easy, some what popular, and cheap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Zinzi
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Marvel Heroscape. Plus, there are about a million custom made characters covering the marvel and DC universe. Want to play Avengers vs. Justice League? X-men vs. Teen Titans? Have fun!

It just takes a little work. Buy the base set of Marvel Heroscape to have the tiles and rules within, plus you have 10 characters to start with. You could just stop there for a complete game.

Or.....

You can go to Coolstuff inc or Troll and Toad and buy heroclix minis of the heroes that you want on the cheap, then go to Heroscapers,com and print out one of the custom cards for the characters and play!

I have been doing this for years and having a blast.

Best,

Frank

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Boxer wrote:
Marvel Heroscape. Plus, there are about a million custom made characters covering the marvel and DC universe. Want to play Avengers vs. Justice League? X-men vs. Teen Titans? Have fun!

It just takes a little work. Buy the base set of Marvel Heroscape to have the tiles and rules within, plus you have 10 characters to start with. You could just stop there for a complete game.

Or.....

You can go to Coolstuff inc or Troll and Toad and buy heroclix minis of the heroes that you want on the cheap, then go to Heroscapers,com and print out one of the custom cards for the characters and play!

I have been doing this for years and having a blast.

Best,

Frank
I was thinking of heroscape, but it's OOP and rather pricey now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B
msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for all the replies so far. These are great suggestions and I will have my hands full looking into all of this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.