Subject: Missing Tokens Official PDF Replacement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
So I stumbled across this. Apparently four tokens (for haunts I have yet to play) were missing.

http://media.wizards.com/2016/downloads/widows_walk_tokens.p...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seriously? We will have to print stuff ourselves to play some scenarios?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji T
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not surprised, given the great number of scenarios. But i'm disappointed nonetheless.

TBH, this isn't an issue, since we have tons of tokens that can proxy. I'll get over it, just like the rest of the warts BAHOTH already has. (I've long since replaced my black clips with mini wooden pegs.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DGenerateKane

Eugene
Oregon
msg tools
mbmb
Wait, so if we contact them they won't send us real tokens? We're stuck with homemade tokens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daren S
msg tools
This annoys me too. It's their error. Shouldn't they slip some in an emvelope if we contact them? I'll even cover the stamp.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bucho Bucho
msg tools
mb
So I have a pdf, how does that get me cardboard tokens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
Bucho22 wrote:
So I have a pdf, how does that get me cardboard tokens?

Skills in arts and crafts, cardboard, glue, and a printer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bucho Bucho
msg tools
mb
apotheos wrote:

Skills in arts and crafts....

*sigh* I'm screwed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
Not to excuse some poor customer service on their part, but it so astoundingly trivial to proxy a chit in that in the long run I really don't much care. It is unfortunate, and the distribution and notification of errata has been kind of bungled, but there you have it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DGenerateKane

Eugene
Oregon
msg tools
mbmb
apotheos wrote:
Not to excuse some poor customer service on their part, but it so astoundingly trivial to proxy a chit in that in the long run I really don't much care. It is unfortunate, and the distribution and notification of errata has been kind of bungled, but there you have it.

You shouldn't excuse it, and I'm not excusing the response they gave me when I contacted them either.

Quote:
Thank you for contacting Wizards of the Coast Game Support. I've included a list of the tokens included in the Widow's Walk expansion below. Please note that tokens for a particular haunt may not have specific tokens for that haunt - in that case, players can use any token that they deem appropriate to stand in for that token.

6 Round tokens for each Survivor
1 Burial Mound
1 Fountain
4 Lock
24 Obstacle
6 Plant

Please feel free to contact us again if you have any questions or concerns!

Have fun gaming!

So they're claiming there never was supposed to be any of the missing tokens, even though the haunts specifically name them. This is the first company I've had a problem getting replacement parts from, and it sours me from ever buying a game published by Avalon Hill or Wizards of the Coast again.

Oh, and just an FYI before someone else starts saying again how easy it is to proxy another token. I'll tell you it isn't. I have serious memory issues and if I have a token out that says one thing but means another, I will remember what is supposed to be maybe 10% of the time. Maybe. My girlfriend has to be extremely patient with me when we play games because I can't remember much that has happened in during the game. I will have to print out the PDF and deal with paper tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes the response seems odd considering they replaced all the tiles in the game when the 2nd edition was first printed because of the severe warping issues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.