Fury of Dracula (third edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Event cards for specific hunters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Lodge
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Only playing my first game at the moment, but if for example Mina draws an event card that only Seward can use, how is he able to become the owner of that card so he can utilise it?

You can only trade items & ticket tokens...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Burns
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Van Helsing's special ability lets him trade event cards, and to do so even if he's not on the same city as the other hunter.

This question is mentioned in the FAQ, which might be useful. (I'd had the same question!)

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/47/b7...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lodge
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks Andrew.

So I'm assuming Van Helsing would have to trade an event card with Mina to get Seward's, then trade one with Seward, so Seward then gets the one originally owned by Mina, in effect using the Leader ability twice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Laardge11 wrote:
Thanks Andrew.

So I'm assuming Van Helsing would have to trade an event card with Mina to get Seward's, then trade one with Seward, so Seward then gets the one originally owned by Mina, in effect using the Leader ability twice?

That's right and that requires 2 actions by Van Helsing.

Just to confirm you know (as I'm not quite sure from your reply) that trading can be one way, In the first trade, Mina could just give the card to Van Helsing without receiving anything in return, in the second Van Helsing could just give the card to Seward.

Of course you may well want to trade other cards as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lodge
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Oh really DaveD, no I didn't know that thanks. I thought only items & train tickets could be traded, or in your example, is that just taking advantage of Van Helsing's leader ability?

Are you saying that Godalming could potentially give an event card (one way trade), to Seward if I am understanding correctly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Laardge11 wrote:
Oh really DaveD, no I didn't know that thanks. I thought only items & train tickets could be traded, or in your example, is that just taking advantage of Van Helsing's leader ability?

Are you saying that Godalming could potentially give an event card (one way trade), to Seward if I am understanding correctly?

No. Event cards have to go through Van Helsing, he is the only one who can initiate a trade of events. Seward and Mina can only trade items and tickets between themselves and only if they are in the same location.

The point I was making is that if hunter A trades with hunter B and A gives some thing or things to B, there is no requirement that A receives the same number of items or, indeed, anything at all from B.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lodge
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Oh gosh, right, I think I've got it now: so Hunters can trade, but normally just items & tickets. However, if Van Helsing is involved, Event cards can be traded (one way or both).

But if Event cards don't have to go through Van Helsing, he can also use the Leader ability to initiate an Event card trade between two other Humters in different cities?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Laardge11 wrote:
Oh gosh, right, I think I've got it now: so Hunters can trade, but normally just items & tickets. However, if Van Helsing is involved, Event cards can be traded (one way or both).

But if Event cards don't have to go through Van Helsing, he can also use the Leader ability to initiate an Event card trade between two other Humters in different cities?

Events do have to go through Van Helsing (I've edited my previous post to make that more clear). Only Van Helsing can initiate (on his turn) an event trade and it must be between himself and 1 other hunter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lodge
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
We got there in the end! Thanks so much for your help.

I'm sure I'll be posting for other rule clarifications soon...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.