Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Wu
United States
Walnut
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got my copy of the expansion. Seems the new wonder cards are slightly bigger than the wonder cards in the base game.

Anyone have this issue?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico Dux
France
Toulouse
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
No, the new 2 wonder cards are the same size as in the base game. However, god cards are bigger with 110x60.

Cheers,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Morton
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
[Daytrip Gaming]
mbmbmbmbmb
If they feel different, you can always sleeve. Both sets fit the same sleeve so the are the same size that way at least.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David da Silva
Germany
Cologne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Mine have the same size but I have another issue.

The 2 new wonders have a slightly different color. It's more golden than the wonders from the original game and the 2 promo wonders (Messe, Statue of Liberty). It's not a big deal because I shuffle them under the table and then take 4 cards blindly. But I'm wondering if anybody else has this issue?

My original 7WD is the German edition, I bought the 2 promo tiles at Essen and Pantheon is the English edition. Maybe this is the reason for the slightly differen colors?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conan Meriadoc
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got the same issue, both my original game and expansion are french editions. It isn't just a non-compatibility issue between different language printings.

It's not really an issue when playing the game, though. As mentioned, drawing blindly works well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christy Love
msg tools
mbmb
Looks like someone added the new cards sizes into the base game listing: Card Sleeve Size

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sándor Kolok
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just checked my Essen copy (after several plays ) and I can confirm the OP as far as my copy go: the new wonder cards are indeed bigger by a notch (a fraction of a mm, probably a half at a max.).

I can also confirm the different back colors although I had already had that with The Messe which itself could be easily dinstinguished from the back (lighter/more bright shades if I'm not mistaken writing this relying on memory).

Because of that we choose the 8 Wonders blindly but since we also have Pantheon the new Wonders have been suspiciously oversampled in our game selections so far: Sanctuary was featured in all games, and The Divine Theater was missing in only one game, with The Statue of Liberty (and funnily also The Messe) also almost chosen.

Which makes me think there's gotta be somethin' goin' on with the way I try to choose the cards... and/or with the cards themselves. I noticed a slight bent in the new Panthon Wonders in addition to them being slightly bigger... that could get something to do with it. Or just the devil of low sample sizes tricks me into thinking that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.