Tomasz Podsiadło
Poland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Most of my games are in polish, sadly. For some time I'm aiming at having most of my collection in english/ not language dependend.
But I can't see buying new Blood Rage/Theseus the dark orbit for that...
And don't even exasperrate me on topic of CiTOW...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stanton
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Is it retarded to ask people on BGG "hey, could you scan me a cards from game X"?
You may wish to change your phrasing of the question. One of those words is almost certain to cause offence.
A few cards, someone may be kind enough, a lot of cards is much less likely. Probably best checking in the forums of the particular games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re: Is it retarded to ask people on BGG "hey, could you scan me a cards from game X"?
No, it's not retarded. However, copyright infringement is strongly discouraged on BGG to the point that threads are deleted and users may be banned. What people do is paste ups, which nowadays often means to sleeve cards with a translation inside the sleeve and asking for the text on the card is a lot less likely to be seen as you doing something naughty than asking for the whole card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am going to assume the OP does not know that the word retarded used in the way he is using it here is considered highly offensive as his first language is not English.

I suggest you change it to "dumb" "Stupid" or "two hotels short of a monopoly set".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomasz Podsiadło
Poland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your answers.
And your assumption is kinda right. But hey, I had myself on mind, the only person I tried to offence was me, so no worries
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While scanning all the cards might allow you to convert your Polish version to an English version, it might also allow someone without a copy to avoid buying one. For that reason, scanning all the cards is problematic. Even if your intentions are good, the scans will be found and used by those whose intentions are not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Ferguson
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:
While scanning all the cards might allow you to convert your Polish version to an English version, it might also allow someone without a copy to avoid buying one. For that reason, scanning all the cards is problematic. Even if your intentions are good, the scans will be found and used by those whose intentions are not.

This doesn't make any sense, you believe someone will use the scanned images of the cards to avoid buying the game that also doesn't have the game board, tokens and miniatures for the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Nobody is prefect.
badge
Good intentions are no substitute for a good education.
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe not, but images and texts from a game are copyrighted, so you cannot just go around and make scans of them available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Schoberg
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
when i get home, i'm so tired
badge
just roll over, please. i'm so tired. just roll over, please. i'm so tired.
mbmbmbmbmb
itmo wrote:

This doesn't make any sense, you believe someone will use the scanned images of the cards to avoid buying the game that also doesn't have the game board, tokens and miniatures for the game?

Uhh, yes. This definitely happens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carel Teijgeler
Netherlands
Vlaardingen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you tried to contact the publisher?

It is worth a try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomasz Podsiadło
Poland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anijunk wrote:

It is worth a try.

Wait, you're 100% serious? I can just ask CMON/Portal Games for english versions of Blood Rage cards, assuming that I can confirm that I own the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Schoberg
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
when i get home, i'm so tired
badge
just roll over, please. i'm so tired. just roll over, please. i'm so tired.
mbmbmbmbmb
omnibus4404 wrote:
anijunk wrote:

It is worth a try.

Wait, you're 100% serious? I can just ask CMON/Portal Games for english versions of cards, assuming that I can confirm that I own the game?

It's worth trying. Doesn't mean they'll say yes, but there is no way in knowing unless you ask.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
omnibus4404 wrote:
anijunk wrote:

It is worth a try.

Wait, you're 100% serious? I can just ask CMON/Portal Games for english versions of Blood Rage cards, assuming that I can confirm that I own the game?

CMON will very likely offer you english versions of the cards they'll probably ask you to pay $5-10. I've bought cards for a game from them before without problem, even with explaining that I didn't own the game the cards were for (zombicide cards from season 1 to be used with season 2) it wasn't a problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.