XCOM: The Board Game – Evolution» Forums » General

Subject: XCom: Evolution has appeared on Amazon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Geppo Muzzak
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Listed from CollecTOYbles, with release date being January 17th 2017.

Waylandgames.co.uk gives a 54 day ETA to the release (and I suppose it's the same date even though I didn't get down to calculate it).

This is sad... looks like we won't make it for the Xmas Holiday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GShock112 wrote:
Listed from CollecTOYbles, with release date being January 17th 2017.

Waylandgames.co.uk gives a 54 day ETA to the release (and I suppose it's the same date even though I didn't get down to calculate it).

This is sad... looks like we won't make it for the Xmas Holiday.

54 days is just under 8 weeks - counting from today, 5th November, 54 days would be 29th December.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geppo Muzzak
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Disappointed. :-(

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Poskitt
Wales
Cwmavon
West Glamorgan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The date of 29th December makes sense. I have this on pre-order (for quite some time already) and keep tabs on FFG's Upcoming list on their website. Evolution has languished at "At the Printer" until a short while ago, when it is now liosted as "On the Boat". So, 8 weeks or so seems about right.

Personally, I'm thinking it will be early January 2017.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, according to the Upcoming page, it was "On The Boat" on the first. 4-6 weeks from then would be early December, and another 7-10 days for distribution would normally put it in shops by Christmas, but, with Christmas coming up, shipping can be expected to run long...

It does look like my original February guess may have been pessimistic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geppo Muzzak
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
And to me in Italy... it would take 2 weeks just for the shipping.
In my case I'm looking at an end of January. That's really really bad.

I suppose they didn't make it in time for XMas because something went wrong at the last minute.
Yet, with the "on the boat" status update I'm wondering if the date is somehow wrong.

I mean... if CollecTOYbles is the only distributor on Amazon and the game is being shipped to the distributors, he's supposed to be the first one to get it. Long before it actually hits the retail stores.

Does it freaking take 8 weeks for a cargo ship in East Asia to reach San Francisco and then the trucks reach the distributor's depot?

Does anyone have more details about this "on the boat" schedule? I really really wanna play Evolution during the Xmas holiday. I know it's impossible but at least PLEASE not the end of January!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Folsom
United States
Wilmore
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, some update is better than none

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geppo Muzzak
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've contacted CollecTOYbles and they told me they would come up with an updated delivery date today.
I'll come back as soon as they reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Waltier
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's in stock at Miniature Market now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.