Popular Tags: cjc [+] [View All]
Chris
United States
Huntington Station
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Play as the 3 player rules.

But give each player 2 movie reel chits from the unused colors; these are neutral chits.

And remove the 'skip an action' clapboard cards. Each player thus has a single card: the double-reel 'take 2 actions in a row' card.

When a player may place a chit, they may place one of their 4 own color chits or one of these 2 neutral chits. Any cards claimed with neutral chits at the end of each of the 3 rounds are removed from the game, as are the 2 unclaimed cards.

Simple as that, and it works well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Tritone

Missouri
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris,

Interesting idea! I'm anxious to try it. The only thing I might change is how to handle the cards won by the neutral chips. There is a variant in the rulebook that lets you alter the score of a movie by the number of "unclaimed" film cards of the same color. I believe they are referring here to the 2 cards (out of 14) that will have no chips at the end of each round. There should be 6 of these cards at the end of the game.

So when you say "Any cards claimed with neutral chits at the end of each of the 3 rounds are removed from the game, as are the 2 unclaimed cards", you might want to differentiate the two groups of cards somehow. In other words, cards won by the neutral chips should be (literally) removed from the game, whereas the 2 unclaimed cards should be "set aside" for the potential end game scoring.

Thanks for the variant!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls