Guildhall» Forums » Rules

Subject: Two rule clarifications rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lars H
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have just bought the German version of Guildhall. Reading the German and English rules did not answer two important questions:

1. If I have a certain number of cards of one profession in my guildhall which is "between the steps" of the ability effect and I play another card of this profession into my action area, is the ability of the lower step triggered (because I have at least the necessary cards of this lower step) or is the ability not triggered at all (because the ability is only triggered if I have the exact number of cards)?

Examples:

a) If I have 2 farmers in my guildhall and now I play a third farmer in my action area, will this trigger the "1 farmer" ability and provide me with one VP?

b) If I have 3 assassins in my guildhall and now I play a fourth assassin in my action area, will this trigger the "2 assassins" ability and let me discard one card each from two different chapters of one other player?

2. If my played card ability affects the cards of "one other player" that means it has to be one and the same other player. Right?

Example:

If I trigger the "2 assassins" ability I can only discard one card each of two different chapters of one and the same player. I cannot discard one card from player A and one card from player B. Right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
a) If I have 2 farmers in my guildhall and now I play a third farmer in my action area, will this trigger the "1 farmer" ability and provide me with one VP?

Yes. All the '1 xxxx' abilities actually should be read as '1 OR MORE xxxxx'

Quote:
b) If I have 3 assassins in my guildhall and now I play a fourth assassin in my action area, will this trigger the "2 assassins" ability and let me discard one card each from two different chapters of one other player?

Yes. As above.

Quote:

2. If my played card ability affects the cards of "one other player" that means it has to be one and the same other player. Right?

Example:

If I trigger the "2 assassins" ability I can only discard one card each of two different chapters of one and the same player. I cannot discard one card from player A and one card from player B. Right?

That's correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.