Popular Tags: [View All]
David Tracy
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Those Game of the Day people are having a Game-A-Thon, and without a Tangathon going at the same time.

I didn't see anything pop at me just yet, but I am a little overspent with games with the recent sales. Just the same, it could be worth a look.

Anyway, here is the link:
http://gameoftheday.bigcartel.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Robinson
United States
Centreville
Virginia
flag msg tools
Here is a direct link to the product page...

http://base.google.com/base/search?authorid=1580994&hl=en&gl...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tracy
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Medidi for $16.99 isn't too shabby. I would debate it if I didn't already have this one from a previous Game-a-thony thingie.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Buergel
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Game-a-thons are turning into the bane of my existence. I've already spent way too much at the last couple, but I'll be paying attention again. Never know what it going to come up. Of course, last time I just "paid attention", I wound up winning the whole thing (and a free copy of Manila).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Fullenwider
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
I'm not a moccodity!
mbmbmbmbmb
Game-a-thon's are okay. Unlike Tangathons, they sell nothing but games, multiple items are for sale at a time, and you can combine shipping. The prices are comparable to many of the online retailers (pre-shipping).

All that said, I do have a few gripes with them. One is that they seem to have the same set of games that show up in every game-a-thon. They do have a blog, though, that runs alongside the 'thon where you can make requests, and many actually do get filled. Another gripe is that many of the games that they have up for sale, they don't even have in stock (although most of the listings indicate this). This means you can be waiting up to a month or more for the games you purchase to actually show up on your doorstep. My last gripe is that they don't use any packaging material in their shipments. This means your games can get banged up a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Johnston
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a lot of repetition, but he's listed some interesting stuff this time through, including a few Euro imports which aren't available yet in US editions. Unfortunately the last game-a-thon put a dent in my budget, so I haven't been able to pick up much this time through. Plus, I should probably play a few of the ones I bought before buying more.

On the other hand, that Arkham Horror trifecta is tempting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Olson
United States
Auburn
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish I hadn't spent $30 on CD's yesterday, because I think I could have gotten Battlelore last night when it was on for about $45.

I just requested Jenseits von Theben. I may be able to grab one of those if it comes up...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Breitenbach
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm... they have Vikings, which seems to be available from only one vendor in the US, for $28.99 right now. Hmmm....

I do have to say that this is a pleasant thing to come home to after an already very pleasant weekend camping where I (amongst other things) introduced new boardgames to my family members!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Olson
United States
Auburn
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh well, Jenseits wasn't available (didn't know). But they did put up Thief of Bagdad (for $18.99), so I did get one more SDJ nominee .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Berg
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You can count on me!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've bought plenty of things from game-a-thon already. I hope he lists another mystery game pack, last time I bought it I landed Die Macher, GOA and Castle Merchants. Fast e-mail responses, easy to work with.

The prices are competitive with the other 30-35% off retailers; and where I tend to save is shipping on small orders! I don't like having to buy $125+ in games a time; that is just insane on my college budget.

....I'd much rather spend $75 twice a week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gurkie Cheng
United States
Fairfax, VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I hope he lists another mystery game pack, last time I bought it I landed Die Macher, GOA and Castle Merchants.
I got Bean Trader, Dragon Riders, and ... I can't remember the third... (But I was significantly less excited than you) For the mystery cards I got Family Fluxx, Tigris and Euphrates the card game, Loco, and something else...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Robinson
United States
Centreville
Virginia
flag msg tools
Gurkie, if I remember correctly it was TransAmerica. DragonRiders is a hit or miss, I guess... $50 MSRP, some people love it, but others like Elfenland better because it moves faster. I think the other card game was Gone Fishing. Or it might have been Frank's Zoo. Not 100% which.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Ginn
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great price on Fury of Dracula (Second Edition) at $29.99, esp if you've already made a purchase and can use the game5 discount. And I already have a copy. Ah, well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Marshall
United States
Peachtree Corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a 20lb. box from the last two game-a-thons on its way to my house . . . should arrive by tomorrow. Getting ready to make my next set of purchases this morning. I love the fact that many times you can make a request for a game and see it up in the list of options within minutes - very accommodating!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shaud
United States
Harleysville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Shop at GameSurplus.com
badge
Shop at GameSurplus.com
mbmbmbmbmb
There have been some pretty good deals on this game-a-thon. I picked up Power Grid for $22.99 plus shipping. With the game5 coupon, the total cost will only be $24.99. Nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Soonsin Lee
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I play with Blue
mbmbmbmbmb
Game-a-thons are draining all my cash. Ugh, but how can you complain when you get some decent deals and shipping discounts for multiple game pick ups. Well, bye bye paycheck. I nabbed Carcassonne the City for only $30.99 which was a pretty sweet deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Ginn
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hoity Toity for $11.99. Looks like 5 copies available here:

http://base.google.com/base/a/1580994/D2187216690115698693

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rutherford
United States
Perrysburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This has been a great Game-A-Thon. I've really filled in my collection this time. I got Marvel Heroes, Thieves of Baghdad (a 2007 SdJ nominee), and some older stuff like Puerto Rico, Tigris & Euphrates and Memoire '44. A lot of good stuff indeed. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cathy Griffin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Although my bank account hates these Game-A-Thons, I'm adding some great games to my collection! Good pricing and the ability to request a game makes this a great site!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gurkie Cheng
United States
Fairfax, VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh yea TransAmerica was the other board game and Mu and More was the other card game...

I was just pointing out that the games received had a variety of ratings. While some people may have gotten multiple top 20 games in their selection of 3 it doesnt mean that you are gauranteed it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Canning
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is my first Game-a-thon, but its already causing a lot of missed sleep! I'm in for Risk 2210 and Bohnanza so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cathy Griffin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Y'all should take a look. There are 19 games listed now, including:

Leonardo Da Vinci $26.99

Gheos $15.99

Star Munchkin $15.99

Ingenious $24.99

Britannia $24.99

Pompeii $28.99

A Game of Thrones $30.99

Fury of Dracula $29.99

Blokus $20.99

The list changes fairly frequently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cathy Griffin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just grabbed Aquädukt for $12.99 and Ticket to Ride: Europe for $18.99!

Some great deals!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Giersch
United States
Saukville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! This is my third gameathon, and this time I tried requesting a few games. They are up there as we speak! I just purchased Bohnaparte and Corsari. It's been nice filling in some holes in my collection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Marshall
United States
Peachtree Corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I ended up with 5 games this time:

No Thanks!
Oltremare - Merchants of Venice
Corsari
Imperial
Family Business

Good prices, too! This Game-a-thon and the last two were nice hauls for me. Here's what I ordered previously:

Pickomino
Frank's Zoo
Cartagena
Balloon Cup
The Bridges of Shangri-La
Lost Cities
Mü & More
King's Breakfast
San Juan
Hoity Toity
Carcassonne: The Princess & The Dragon
Nottingham
Ra
Clans
Mama Mia
Twilight Struggle
Tichu
Caesar & Cleopatra

23 games in all . . . I'm a happy camper!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls