Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » Rules

Subject: Immobilize and range attack? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ran into this situation.

A Guard drew a "-1 move, range +2" card and is last in the turn order. My Spellweaver Immobilized it and then moved adjacent to it. Will it be forced to target her with Disadvantage since it cant move away or will it go after the Tinkerer who is 2 spaces away?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
killblue2 wrote:
Ran into this situation.

A Guard drew a "-1 move, range +2" card and is last in the turn order. My Spellweaver Immobilized it and then moved adjacent to it. Will it be forced to target her with Disadvantage since it cant move away or will it go after the Tinkerer who is 2 spaces away?

Good question. I think by the rules, it has to focus on the nearest enemy, so it would attack the spellweaver.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the focusing rules are universal, so he would go after the Spellweaver and have disadvantage because he couldn't move away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rickenbacker1978
Cephalofair wrote:
Yes, the focusing rules are universal, so he would go after the Spellweaver and have disadvantage because he couldn't move away.
how does 'disadvantage' hinder the attack of the enemy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Mc
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rashktah wrote:
Cephalofair wrote:
how does 'disadvantage' hinder the attack of the enemy?

"An attacker with Disadvantage will draw two modifier cards from their deck and use whichever one is worse."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rickenbacker1978
Thank you very much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.