Popular Tags: [View All]
Moiz Qureshi
Pakistan
Karachi
Sindh
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
hello everyone,

I wanted to share with you guys my first attempt at making a custom foam core insert, please excuse the rough work as this was my very first time working with foam core, before this I did not even know what foam core or custom inserts were, I looked at Board Game Noobs custom insert plans for Dead of Winter base game and modified them to suit my needs for Dead of Winter The Long Night. I fashioned it off the model for the long night game organizer sold by thebrokerntoken.com

so without further delay here they are

Dramatic Box Shot

opening the box reveals the instruction manual sitting at the top nothing exciting here

the colony board sit at the top just enough to the tip of the box height

Under the board we see on the left a 3 sectioned tray about 6.2cm deep holding the bandits, zombies and survivors, in the center rest the location boards for bandits raxxon and graveyard. On the right a 6.6 cm high 28 cm long and 4.5 cm wide tray housing all cards

removing the big location cards reveals below the location cards for the normal location and player mats and then beside them a container for the raxxon zombies

next up are the token trays holding various tokens sorted into slots along with the evil red die. first play marker and the round trackers

a better close up of the box with all the boards removed

A second tray under the top tray rests holding the remaining tokens and the dice

the raxxon zombie box, was initially 2 boxes however the depth of both of them individually not enough to hold any number of player tokens, so i made modifications to in earlier plans, instead of having a 2 section tray for normal zombies at the bottom I made it a 3 section tray and put all zombies bandits and survivors there .

and then I took these 2 trays removed the base of the top tray and glued them together to make a bigger box that now holds the raxxon zombies so that is why it has a seam in the middle of it.

All the individual inserts laid out

made them using foam core, and paper board

EDIT :

I am sorry the images wont show here... so here is a link to the IMGUR album
http://imgur.com/gallery/bspm4

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI: The reason your image links aren't working is that you're linking to imgur "pages" instead of directly to the images.

Just add ".jpg" to the end of each image link and they should appear inline.
Or upload the images to your own private boardgamegeek album and link to them that way...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moiz Qureshi
Pakistan
Karachi
Sindh
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you Jash

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.