The Opulent» Forums » Rules

Subject: Shuffling Doorman Deck after Maitre D rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Borg
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After searching through the Door deck to pull a patron, do you reshuffle the deck or put it back the way it was?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Willett
United States
Chapel Hill
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
www.blacklocustgames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
No shuffle. Just place the deck back in the original order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Borg
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent!!

Can you use the find anyone in the doorman before you put the five cards out at the start of a scenario?

Also the anytime of his ability can I do that literally anytime so during another stations turn?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Willett
United States
Chapel Hill
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
www.blacklocustgames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Reklawyad wrote:
Excellent!!

Can you use the find anyone in the doorman before you put the five cards out at the start of a scenario?

Also the anytime of his ability can I do that literally anytime so during another stations turn?

Yes and yes!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Borg
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh I'm glad we bought the upgrade to let the overflow have starting of 3 which lets us hire him!

One last question we bought the upgrade that allows the salary of the staff to be -2, does this make the Lookouts free to purchase now?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Willett
United States
Chapel Hill
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
www.blacklocustgames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
No, the lookouts are a purchasable event and not an upgrade. Rule of thumb, an upgrade is only considered an upgrade if the back of the card says "xxxx upgrade".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Borg
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfect!

Does this also apply to the Slot Machine since it is indeed a "staff Upgrade" or once you buy that you just need to make sure it always have 5 dollars in it?... So I lied not just one last question after all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Willett
United States
Chapel Hill
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
www.blacklocustgames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
For the slot machine, you need to have $5 on it in order to use it. By "use it" I mean to have the option to make a check to see if a patron lost money on the item.

Now. In order to use the slot machine legally you need to purchase the gaming license at the start of every scenario (which is why the slot machine falls into the category of a staff upgrade since it could have a yearly cost whereas club upgrades are a one-time cost). If the club is raided and you are operating your slot machine with a gaming license then you are fine. If you are operating the slot machine illegally (without the license) then your slot machine is confiscated as well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.